Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...

I was wondering where to post this, and this seems like as good a place as any. This seems to be the only UK Kia forum I can find...

I'm one of the converted :) Went to see my local Kia dealer (Wolverton/Milton Keynes) on Friday to test drive a new Sportage... Count me as one of the guys that 2 years ago would have laughed at you if you'd told me I'd consider buying a new car, let a lone a Kia.

Well... it's a short story... I ended up putting the deposit down. Techno Orange, Manual. Was toying with Black as I thought the orange looked pretty minging in the pictures... but in the flesh though it really looks the nuts.

So according to the dealer, apparently it'll be arriving some time in October...

Anyone else on the waiting list? Have you been told a similar delivery time? While I was sat in the dealer, they sold (I think) at least another 3. The demo one on the forecourt was getting a steady stream of punters taking it for a spin. Amazing

Jules

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Really? Noone else got an ETA? I'm just a bit nervous (read: impatient and/or excited) after reading about the nightmares everyone's been having that's waiting for their Hyundai ix35s...

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi friend of mine seen my sorento but to big for them so ordered new sportage in black got a delivery date ofaround 17 oct and only ordered it 2 to 3 weeks ago this remains to b seen but shes hopeful

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spoke to the dealer today, he said that they're hoping to have my car in by the end of this month, a little bit sooner than expected. Sail faster little ship!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Picked ours up yesterday ...
... Sliver Manual.

This is the 1st car I've ever bought without even seeing it 'in the flesh' - and I am really pleased. Its everything the marketing claimed it would be - a nice change!

Wessex Kia in Cardiff were very professional and good -
. Disappointed though that the accessories pricing isn't available yet as I could do with the side-steps to help the little ones get up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Our local dealer had a waiting list of 30 people to test drive the new Sportage, but only have 3 allocated to sell! Someone is going to be disappointed. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hiya All, collect our 1st edition in the morning, one of the lucky few i think, storm silver, wife cant wait, will let you all know how it all goes

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am getting a Sportage First Edition also.
Techno Orange manual, I have been told it should be available at the end of Sept to early Oct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Collected 1st edition this morning great service from Kia Francise, car looks fab in siver, wife loves it got blue tooth sorted very quick n easy, very compact compared to series 2, way smarter than the Nissan quashi thingy

·
Registered
75 Posts
I really like the Orange, our local dealer had one on show and it looked very nice!

You're right - Kia have and continue to come on leaps and bounds with each new model

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Osprey and 1st... How are you finding your new babies? Only a few more weeks to go for me - very exciting!

While I'm here - what sort of mpg are you getting? I'm curious what kind of range I can expect to get out of a tank. I still can't believe such a big thing will get 47mpg as they claim, but am staying hopeful!

Any other news to report? I've seen the pricing for the normal models on my local dealer's website (even though they're not available yet). The 1st edition really was a great deal... come november, the equivalent top spec will be 26k or so - and the extra 5k gets you sat nav and a sunroof, and that seems to be about it...

I'm happy :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just picked my new sportage last night....Black Automatic First Edition
I love it....best car by a mile!
Just need to get the hang of all the tech stuff
Is the bluetooth easy to setup?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Folks if the latest engine is like the second edition, you need to get at lease 10K miles under your belt before the power unit starts to deliver and gets a lot better.
Mine is now a totally different machine from when I pick it up 12 months ago?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love it.

Its everything we had hoped though ... although it is a little wider than anticipated!

The only annoyance is the lack of side-steps (and the accessory ones aren't available yet) means the little ones need to be lifted in. I know it is daft but we hadn't thought of that!

Well worth it. No regrets.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Jules, Yep I'm just like you-went to test drive the new sportage and was impressed enough to give back my Volswagen passat cc (1yr old) and oreder the sportage. Not as brave as you and gone for black. Apparently mine to arrive about Oct8th-very excited about it-wife however thinks I should have gone for something cheaper. Johnathan

·
Registered
289 Posts
will be interesting to see how everyone gets on with their new Sportage.Fancy one myself but want petrol as I only do very small milage.Will wait till mainstream models arrive as i do want 4 wheel drive but am not really bothered about leather interior also seems from Kia site that all models exept base will have panoramic sunroofs and a wider colour choice. I am in no hurry so will wait till spring when hopefully the rush is over then have a look around.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts