Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the 9th of September 2021 i was travelling in our Sportage GTS LINE 2021 Model 7 months old at around 70mp on the M1 in the fast lane near Luton when all of a sudden i lost all power and immediately had to hit the hazard lights and attempt to get over to the hard shoulder very frightening, eventually the RAC arrived and could do nothing for us apart from towing back to the nearest service centre. The car was dropped off late at night and i took the keys down the next day and to inform the service staff what had happened, i was first greeted with the words you haven't booked it in ???.

It is now the 11th October and nobody from the service centre has informed myself or my wife what the issues are and when they will be rectified the only information we have received is when we have travelled to the service centre and demanded to know what is going on all we got was the parts are on back order, how this could be is beyond me as the car has not moved one inch since being dropped off. We finally were able to speak to some one at Customer services who has informed us that The Engine Tensioner has jammed and caused damage to the engine, they may be able to look at it end of October or November as they are awaiting parts ?????.
I have since spoken with the service centre and asked for an update not letting them know what Customer Support has said to me, there response was that they would have to strip the engine down and send photos to Kia before proceeding.

Our last 3 vehicles have all been Kia motors but this will be the last Car i purchase from them, the car is only 7 months old and i have since searched other forums and found that there are numerous vehicles with this issue.

Super Moderator
Hi & welcome.
Sorry for your problems.

Parts on back order is a issue for a lot of manufactures at the moment. Makes no difference if car is moving or not. If they have to wait for parts.

I take it that this is a mild hybrid.
TBH. The issue they have given you is a known one & you should have been informed by purchasing dealer of recall.

Was this a new or 2nd hand car?
Purchase direct from dealer or Lease via 3rd party co?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi & welcome.
Sorry for your problems.

Parts on back order is a issue for a lot of manufactures at the moment. Makes no difference if car is moving or not. If they have to wait for parts.

I take it that this is a mild hybrid.
TBH. The issue they have given you is a known one & you should have been informed by purchasing dealer of recall.

Was this a new or 2nd hand car?
Purchase direct from dealer or Lease via 3rd party co?

this was a brand new vehicle from the Kia Dealer where we have purchased all our vehicles from and we didn't have any notification about a recall from the dealer

Registered
Reading the original post, it's always reassuring we've got Smart motorways on the way........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts