Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have trouble starting used meter on glow plugs only getting 3volts when heater light is on turns off ok engine will fire after about 6 times turning over. No idea where relay is any help please.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi PeterinSpain
When was the glow plugs last changed?

Its worth changing them every 3 years or if you get a type of miss fire on startup in cold weather.

If you are only getting 3 Volts on the Glow plug Preheat, sounds like a bad connection or battery.

Could always connect glowplugs direct to battery with jump leads or heavy wire, if you know what you are doing!

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks will try jump lead for a few seconds on plugs and see if it fires up better. any idea where the relay is on a sportage.No not had new plugs in a while it was working fine till I put a new starter motor on, as starter kept jamming.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Guys,

I can't believe this but I read on another forum that the CLUTCH has to be pressed and the gears should be in nuetral to start a Sportage.

I have bought another car and have had my sportage up for sale thinking that it had valve problems.

I thought I would go out and try it, pressed the clutch down and it strted straight away. It has been standing in all the cold and rain so I didn't think it would start.

If I have missed it while reading the posts that someone might of known this, I also had a look in the manual and it does indeed say this is what you have to do.

Hoping it isn't a glitch and will let you know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts