Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - another one looking to buy a Sportage. Specifically want it to tow a caravan so therefore a diesel would be preferred. However, have only ever driven petrol engined cars and have heard so many horror stories about modern diesels that I'm pretty wary.

Apart from holidays most of our driving is pretty local so would it is wise to go for a diesel? Also, is the Sportage fitted with a particulate filter? If it is then that will probably make my mind up for me!

Finally, there seem to be some good deals on (Internet) at the moment. Any thoughts about whether deals will be improved in the future - I believe there is a new Sportage due out soon?

Many thanks,
Al

·
Registered
144 Posts
Go for the Diesel, better residuals, better economy and better drive. Yes it has a particulate filter, but if it starts to get clogged, a quick blast up your local dual carrageway will clear it.

No improved offers on Sportage for Q1, dont think new sportage is comming for quite a while. IX35 is due next quarter, thats the Tucson replacement, but tucson wasnt facelifted with Sportage was.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for your reply. I'll give it some serious thought today - the current manufacturers discounts end tomorrow I believe.

Thanks again,
Al

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi ALH
petrol models are also frought with problems, But go diesel you wont be dissapointed. Regular oil changes and fuel filters and your laughing.
col

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sportage offers are to continue into Q1 from what Ive been told. Only difference is the increase in VAT.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for everyone's input. Ns - that's good news re the offers. Will give me more time to think :)

Al

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ill confirm tomorrow when I get into work. Ill post up about 10am from my iPhone so that you can get in and check. If not, order and pay in full by end of tomorrow and you can beat the vat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again.

My head is buzzing re diesel/perol. I know I 'should' buy the diesel. especially as I want to tow with it, but apart from holidays our normal driving is very short journeys only. Ideally, we should have a small runaround as well, but funds won't stretch that far unfortunately.

Al

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I took a chance and fortunately the deals have been extended to March. Might as well hang on now until March to get the new reg. Also gives me plenty of time to think about the petrol/diesel issue.

Al

1 - 10 of 10 Posts