Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 2wd diesel sportage and every few hundred miles I get terrible diesel fumes in the cabin. When this happens a burning rubber smell also comes from the rear of the car (somewhere around the exhaust) I have read that this can be associated with a diesel particle filter re-generation (whatever that is) but the fumes are really bad and if I'm in traffic I have to go to recirculated air or it really would choke me. Last time it happened I had a look under the bonnet at night and with a flashlight I could see fumes all round the engine. The car also seems to develop extra power while this is going on but that doesn't make up for it. Also have a knock from rear suspensions but garage tells me there is no wear on any of the bushings. Thought I heard that there are replacement bushings to stop this.Any advice greatly appreciated

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Kiaeire,

Yes the burning smell would probably be the regeneration of the particule filter,it can be a strong smell if you do alot oftown driving,i have smelt it on my sportage but never seen smoke.

As for the knock on the rear suspension there is a fix for softer top bushes on the rear struts,i have noticed it only when the temp gets down close to freezing,tell your garage to look on there kia globle site,they seem only to be changing them if you complain enough about it?

Gazcaz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for advice. Local dealers have just only recently being appointed as agents and don't seem to know anything about the cars they are selling!! I'll try and educate them a little

1 - 3 of 3 Posts