Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI CAN ANYONE LET ME KNOW IF THE KIA SPORTAGE AS A PROBLEM WITH THE CLUTCH AS I HAVE A SPORTAGE ON A 03 PLATE 45,000 ON THE CLOCK AND HAVE A GOOD CLUTCH BUT A LONG TRAVEL ON THE PEDAL.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As a general rule of thumb, if the clutch engages/disengages at the end of peddle travel then the clutch is on the way out. having said that there may well be an adjustment device to alter the clutch pickup to half the travel.
This would only be a short term measure and i would suggest having the cluch plates replaced before any damage occures.
A clutch should be able to engage/disengage with further peddle travel still there.
Mileage on a car doesn't reflect clutch usage so don't ever use that as a guide, some people are very heavy on the clutch, some slip the clutch too much, some drive with their foot on the clutch. Also the type of driving reflects on clutch usage, for example motorway driving doesn't require any clutch usage whereas town driving does.
So if in doubt always take the safe route and get any worn components changed.

Realspeed

Edited by: realspeed

·
Registered
12 Posts
if your having the clutch done it might also pay to have the drive belts done at the same time. recommended belt change is usually 60,000 miles but while the clutch is being done might as well while the car is in have those done at the same time. Saves booking the car in twice.

Realspeed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts