Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Recently noticed juddering when pulling away in 1st gear, when engine cold first thing in morning. Googled it and found load s of people with similar problem. Car is Sportage with 20k on the clock. Rang dealer who advised me to take it in for assesment, which meant I needed to leave overnight so they could start it from cold next morning. Seems a well trodden path I am going down. Watch this space for what happens next.

Super Moderator
Hi & welcome.
Moved to Sportage as not related to website issue.

Manual or DCT, age of car?

Registered
Recently noticed juddering when pulling away in 1st gear, when engine cold first thing in morning. Googled it and found load s of people with similar problem. Car is Sportage with 20k on the clock. Rang dealer who advised me to take it in for assesment, which meant I needed to leave overnight so they could start it from cold next morning. Seems a well trodden path I am going down. Watch this space for what happens next.
oh, I will watch this space. If you actually come back and give update(s) you'll be a rare entity.
Most people reporting this issue turn out to be 1 post wonders; never to be heard of again.

So lets see! :)

Registered
I put this on very recently and posted afterwards with an update!! They found it had an issue and told me Kia UK know there is an issue with the clutch judder. They are fixing it under warranty for me mid March. It seems to be very common. Mine is a 2017 1.7 diesel manual with 26500 miles on. Don鈥檛 let them try and squirm out of it - it should be covered under warranty just like mine is.

Good luck!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts