Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if someone can tell me:

1. The cost of annual service for the Sportage diesel.

2. What specific instructions are given for the method of driving the diesels.
(In order not to wreck the DPF and DMF).

Thanks,
Al

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK - would you drive a turbocharged car differently to a 'normal' car? Have never owned one so complete numpty in this respect.

Al

·
Registered
682 Posts
Happy New Year.
As Murphwiz say's drive it as normal, but you will notice the Diesel unit has more grunt at the lower rev range, my XS auto very rearly goes above 2800 Rpm when changing up the gears.

Have a test drive in one you maybe suprised.

·
Registered
144 Posts
A lot of people worry about giving turbos time to cool down. I personally dont worry about that Unless I am driving something with a hell of a lot more pace than your average Kia. Drive it like you would your N/A petrol car, but remember it picks up from standstill slower so you may not be able to get out in gap in the traffic safely. However once you are rolling, you will have all the in gear pull you need.

Nearly all Kia dealers offer a service plan, which enables you to pay for your annual planned maintainance in monthly, interest free installents. It will also price freeze for you, so that any increase in cost of servicing, parts, labour or whatever, you dont pay it. Its really worth considering. Murph, correct me if Im wrong, but with inflation, parts prices increases and costs of disposing of oil, servicing is going up on average 10 a year. This means if you have a three year service plan, it will save you a minimum of £60 over the three years.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. I've been so anto diesel all my (long!) life that I just can't get my head around actually owning one.

Today I'm more inclined towards the petrol model. Who knows what I'll think tomorrow!

Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts