Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is 2 ShockSensors built in to the overhead lights of my 2012 Sportage GSE (KX-3), my question isthatwhen I read thebrochure it stated that an Alarm is fitted to all models my 2011 EX (KX-2) did not have these sensors but it had the same sticker on the door window saying "WARNING SECURITY SYSTEM" did Kia update the Alarm system for 2012 or is it only the GSE model,there is also a disable switch on the panel above the fuse box which also was not on the EX model.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The specifications document on the Irish website up until about the 7th February 2011 stated that Immobiliser and Alarm were standard on all models. After this date, they were removed from the document. This came to light for me only when my rear windscreen was broken and the alarm didn't go off.

I was told by my dealer that there is no internal alarm pressure monitoring or motion detector, but that there was definitely an alarm fitted. They said the alarm operates only on the doors. I asked for confirmation of all this in writing, but I'm still waiting.....

Mine is a 2011 1.7D GSE and it also has the security sticker on the windows. It doesn't have the roof sensors or the switch to turn them off.

I just checked the specification document from the Irish website now and Immobiliser & Alarm are not mentioned in the document at all.

It's a question for your dealer I think. You might let me know how you get on please.

Here's the original thread...http://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/forum/immobiliser-alarm_topic3450_page1.html?KW=immobiliser+and+alarm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.