Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT Line, manual, petrol
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Sportage GT line in Sept 2020. Last year in hot weather the alarm activated for no reason and did it again several more times. I reported it to my dealer, F J Chalke in Yeovil who told me the temporary cure of turning off the internal sensor. I then took it for its first service in Sept 21 and had to return it in October for them to fit a new roof alarm module. Since then, the alarm activated randomly again but the weather was not hot at the time. I have reported back to Chalkes and asked them what they propose but I am yet to hear back. After reading the comments on this forum I am alarmed (get the pun?!) to see that this is an ongoing issue covering several Sportage years and versions. What have Kia done? How much longer must I turn off the alarm? Seems to defeat the object of having it!!! Seeing that I have had issues with the dealer when buying a Rio and again with the Sportage and that both models have had faults, I think I will be looking at a Mazda CX5 when the pcp ends.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a Sportage GT line in Sept 2020. Last year in hot weather the alarm activated for no reason and did it again several more times. I reported it to my dealer, F J Chalke in Yeovil who told me the temporary cure of turning off the internal sensor. I then took it for its first service in Sept 21 and had to return it in October for them to fit a new roof alarm module. Since then, the alarm activated randomly again but the weather was not hot at the time. I have reported back to Chalkes and asked them what they propose but I am yet to hear back. After reading the comments on this forum I am alarmed (get the pun?!) to see that this is an ongoing issue covering several Sportage years and versions. What have Kia done? How much longer must I turn off the alarm? Seems to defeat the object of having it!!! Seeing that I have had issues with the dealer when buying a Rio and again with the Sportage and that both models have had faults, I think I will be looking at a Mazda CX5 when the pcp ends.
Hi
Had this two weeks after getting my SPORTAGE 68 plate in nov 21, took in and replaced internal sensor assembly that you press to by interior lights to imobolise alarm, 3 weeks later started going off Christmas Eve, then car went into melt down, couldn’t even turn it off, electronic handbrake stuck on, had to stall car to get it to stop then wouldn’t lock, which ruined our Christmas, they have the car as i got Finance involved and awaiting master tech to sign it off, they had previously said car very sensitive, really? Finance want it fixed and said if we get it back and happens again then because within 60 days can reject car. Because we didn’t involve finance first time they say this is first time as garage wouldn’t give us any paper work of them changing sensor in first place, even with video evidence and pics they say cannot find a fault ? Think it is a known issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts