Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to this forum but was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the resistance > temperature values for the Air Intake Temperature Sensor IAT on my Kia Sportage 1.7 Crdi (2016).

I've looked all over google and can't find anything relating to my model. The sensor is incorporated with the Mass Airflow Sensor with 5 pin connector. PN 9021050002

If anyone has come across this and can point me in the right direction i'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Jamie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I've been having performance issues where between 1500rpm and 2000rpm, when accelerating, the car sounds a bit raspy (if thats a word). After 2000rpm or just cruising it goes away but still sounds a bit throaty when accelerating.

The problem is it seems to get worse if the outside temperature is warmer. In fact it started to get bad when we got a spate of good weather a good few weeks ago. So I booked it into the dealers for a technician to take a drive with me. Then just a few days before the weather cooled off and the problem virtually went.

I still took it out with the technician and he said he could hear it a bit and it sounded more like an air intake issue but to bring it in when it got worse again so they could get a better idea. The weathers warmed up a little and sure enough the problem is getting worse again.

I was just wondering if it could be an issue with the air intake temperature sensor given the effect on the outside air temperature on the issue. I can take a resistance reading on the sensor but don't have anything to compare it to. There seems to be lots of readings for other cars but not for the newer sportage. I'm getting no errors or pending errors on OBD2 but that wouldn't mean something was on it's way out.

Thanks

Jamie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts