Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been covered, but....I'm collecting my 2016 16 plate Sportage 2 1.7 diesel tomorrow from a dealer. It seems from the list of attributes it doesn't have android auto, bluetooth only, but it is available as s software update. Can somebody please advise me on where l can get it, the process, its performance and of course cost please?
Thanks

·
Registered
2017 GT Line S 1.6 Petrol AWD
210 Posts
I believe that if it isn't on the car from factory then it's not upgradable either.
The steering wheel control buttons are different as well.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Apologies if this has been covered, but....I'm collecting my 2016 16 plate Sportage 2 1.7 diesel tomorrow from a dealer. It seems from the list of attributes it doesn't have android auto, bluetooth only, but it is available as s software update. Can somebody please advise me on where l can get it, the process, its performance and of course cost please?
Thanks
2016 head unit cannot be upgraded by software for Android auto, this only became available for 2017 head units

Reactions: mr.macspot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Thanks for the replies, l did some hunting after my post, including calling kia
Yes, it wasn't on Gen 4 for a year in UK, it was elsewhere? though, and as you say it would need a new steering wheel, head unit and appropriate software, and it seems from some who have done it there might be an unintended consequence on other functions misbehaving - so parking that there for the time being.
Wonder if there's a bit of kit that will connect the mobile (sat nav really) to the head unit via bluetooth?
If l find anything i'll post here. Not a deal breaker for me on the car I'm collecting, and my wife, who will be driving it says it's not an issue, she has an estate car atm and following an injury and restricted painful movement need an SUV. Thanks again for very prompt replies to my first post!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Did Kia Customer services also give you a date they introduced this, as to say that it wasn't introduced for a year is tosh!
- Myself and others have a 66 plate Kia (registered in Nov 2016) which do have the updated head units.
It was on my must have list, however the price hike between cars that do and don't have this feature isn't worth the money, as the SatNav that is already in the car does it's job. (if its a bit dated these days)
and congrats on buying a car which costs £30/year to tax, over the £120 post April 2017 versions.

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts
Back in 2016 there were stocks of cars waiting for owners (unlike now) so your 2016 car will most likely will have been made 2015.
So even knowing the changeover date does not help. You could send KCS a message with your VIN & reg & they should be able to tell you if it is a updatable unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts