Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a 1.6 GDI 2?

I would be interested to read any comments about this model!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Pirespt,

What's it like for power; does it seem adequate?

What's the fuel consumtion figures like?

Have you had any problems?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello
I've got one on order. After test driving the trim 1 version and sitting in the 2. I bit the bullet and ordered the white one. Can't wait!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Rob <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I'll try to give you a clear picture of the car, but feel free to ask away.

My previous car was a 99 Megane Coupe 1.6 16v, quick on starts with not much room. I'm 6 foot.
First thing I noticed on the Sportage is how big the car is, both inside and outside. It drives high and it its wide.

Seating is very comfortable although the self-lowering seat is a bit silly.
The 1.6 is slower than my old car and it does show, but to be honest it is a family car so it won't be very fast. Saying that power is plenty even with 5 adults in there. At the moment my consumption is reading 34.9, and I picked it up in February showing 32.

I think it really boils down to your own personal choices.

For me I wanted a safe car with plenty of room that wasn't massively expensive or expensive to run, and the 1.6GDI II ticks all the boxes. I really advice towards the II instead of the I, the amount of kit is amazing, love those sun roofs J.

I'm less keen on the seating that lowers itself, the hand brake that is threading too late but those are things I'll mention when I first go there for a service, other than that the car is really good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi, I am about to ordera1.6 GDI 2as well, the MPG you quote 34.9 is for town or combined, thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'd say combined. I mostly drive around during the weekend and it seems as much of the motorway as country roads or driving into town.

·
Registered
55 Posts
thanks for the info, '2' trim ticked all my box, I have tried the 1.6GDI and its nippy enough for me, only the fuel consumption worry me a bit, personally i only do 8k miles/year, decision to make: 1.6 petrol or 1.7 diesel engine

·
Registered
55 Posts
pick mine up last thursday, all my family love it, making every excuse to go out :)
the fuel consumption not as good as my old avensis(1.8l), may be the engine still new.(300 miles now)

do i have to reset the 'average fuel consumption' every time I fill up the tank or just leave it as it is.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow time flies in "Herts" those 8 weeks were quick.

I would leave it really.

When I picked up mine was shopwing 32mpg now 6 months on shows 35.4mpg it's getting there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
no, didn't buy from 'herts' got it from broker.
how big is the gap when you have the sunroof tilt, I only can put a hand through about an inch gap, is that right?

Edited by: nanjo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi nanjo

Yes same on mine just small opening on the tilt, little disappointing<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
But still love the car

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you are talking about the cover, yes it does, push it to one side and will come off at the other end, it has a spring thatstretchesit into place.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have done about 400 miles on A1 , followed the on boards computer gear shift suggestion, cruising between 55-65 mile/hour, got 42 MPG out of it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts