Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the pro_ceed sport a month now, seems more than ok, slight turbo lag but got used to that so not a problem, 1st gear very short but second makes up for that!!!!! diesel engine a bit noisy on a cold start but all 2.ltrs seem to be the same regardless of manufacturer (toyota much noisier) , no audible warning for lights left on but auto cancel for side lights, so not bad at all!!!!!!!!GOOD POINTS. power steering the best ive drove in years nice and heavy on the move, audio system top class sound, road holding seems great tho not ragged it yet, nice and smooth ride with a smooth power supply,electric folding mirrors great, never had them before, climate control warms the car very quickly compared to my previous toyota & VW diesel cars, tho they only had aircon???so hopefully no more going to work cold when the winter comes.
MPG 45 mixed motorway, country lanes and towns, about the same as toyota auris or ,VW tho the ceed is in my opinion by far superior to any toyota made in the last 3years and as good as a diesel VW, would be interested in MPG from other 2ltr sport owners, think i could get more but its more fun getting less(and i could get much less)

regards
geoff

Edited by: geoff 57

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
395 looked at this post and not one reply??? I must be the only sport owner interested in the MPG or maybe the rest of the sport owners are busy putting diesel in down the garage and just dont get time to look on this site !!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Geoff57,

I get on average 45, although I have been down as a far a 39 on a very quick run!... I have now covered almost 30k in just over a year... At 70 you should see 50+ gneral driving include 85+ on motorways and you'll average the 45ish

Stooch

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for your reply STOOCH, im struggling to get 45 mpg tho only 12,000 on clock , but not driving it hard so hoping it will improve as engine runs in over the next 10K, apart from that quite pleased with the car!!! And like you said push that pedal hard and MPG so low, think the onboard computer for mpg is a bad thing to watch as ive seen mine down to single figures on acceleration? again many thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
33 Posts
HI guys, I've had since they were launced and never had a better, more fun car in over 20 years of driving...... I've often achieved 70mpg on a long long motorway run .... midlands to Scotland and back .... 60+ is possible overall but you really gotta drive like your grandad and it gets a bit boring when you know for pressing the fast peddle you'll only lose 15mpg.... A tuning box will increase your power to nearer 170bhp and can give you the little bit more mpg too(available in many forms on ebay... search for 'Kia Ceed tuning') well worth it and very easy to fit!!!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks StevieP, had thought about a tuning box but got a bit to old to hanker after the extra speed, pleased with the 0/60 just had concerns over the MPG as so many have claimed 55+ MPG??? dont think i will ever return 55+ not even with a tuning box, so have to wait and see if it improves over the next 10k. Tho i must ad that the MPG is about the same as my old 2LTR D4D toyota auris and without the problems that car had!!!!!!! and the sport is a far superior car to drive, Hope i have not come across as someone who gripes was just curious about MPG.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No probs Geoff..... the engine will get better and loosen up (may take upto 20-30k miles) ...give it time. The 55 is easy to achieve if you take it easy on the fast peddle but it's always tempting to use it and p**s off BMW drivers!!!! Have fun!! Steve

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you really want to enjoy your Prosport ring the guys at Tunit in Chorley, you will be amazed at the difference I managed to get nearly 60 m.p.g. the turbo lag disappeared and it drove like it looked brilliant.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers bud, have to look into this one, lots of you guys swear by these tune it boxes, just seems hard to believe more BHP and more MPG??? not pushing the sport that hard but only 45 mpg? do manage to get 5th gear at around 35 mph and 6th about 45 mph keeping that old rev counter low so assumed i would hit that magic 55 mpg
regards
geoff

·
Registered
111 Posts
The points to remember are these:
(1) The settings for the KIA as with other manufacturors have to take into account the quality of the fuel available in whatever country the car is sold in.
Some of it is not so good!!! but the car is a standard factory setup
(2) The Tunit box when set up will refine the performance and enhance available torque, given that we are lucky to have the best refined diesel here in the UK, it is a long held belief that supermarket diesel is bulked (meaning that additional base materials are added so you get diesel which reflects a price & profit)
(3) In my particular case I find the new Shell a very good fuel, the car smokes less,the car runs quieter, drive's smoother and the further added bonus of more M.P.G.
(4) I drive around a 1000 miles per week so I can see the results in any performance change very quickly....
I work in the motor industry not connected to KIA but I suggest you watch them over the next couple of years, watch out VW/Audi/Ford cos they are chasing you down

·
Registered
33 Posts
ayup are you still driving all over the place in you Pro???? Mine's going great but due to financial reasons and being stuck on a farm at the end of a rutted lane I've given my Kia addiction up and am using my van
!! Best car I've ever owned though. Geoff, put the computer on instant mpg and use the fast pedal lightly, you'll see things happen as the miles go by. Mine didn't do so well to start with but as the engine beds in it'll get better and as YES says use a quality fuel(although I get enough out of supermarket diesel) and you'll get there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just recently registered and saw the post on Sport MPG. As I am about to move over to a new Sportage I have totalled up my Diesel usage and for 38000 miles it works out at a little over 48 mpg.

It is always much better when the outside temp is in the 20's and drops considerably during the winter months. I've had as low as 40mpg from a tank full and as much as 58 mpg in the heat of summer. The onboard computer is usually about 4mpg optimistic for the avg calculation but has shown over 60 avg mpg on a long run.

I have enjoyed the performance especially for overtaking and the steering and handling are also very good but the state of the roads in Morayshire has prompted me to go for something bigger and hopefully stronger.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers Spiderman, good MPG from your sport then, tho mine will drop once cold weather gets down here, not that im complaining about my MPG as its all down to that pedal and maybe i need to ease off a bit? I do manage to get it in 5TH around 35MPH 6TH around 45 MPH. hope you enjoy the new car its a great choice.regards
geoff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts