Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, the speedo on my 02 Sedona 2.9crd has gone on strike. any ideas please.I'm told it's electronic andhas a gear driven sensor on the gearbox. I've found what I believe to be that and taken the connector off to check for corrosion etc but looks clean but still no go.
Can't see a fuse allocated in either fuse box so I assume there isn't one. May have toreplace the gearbox switchnext unless anyone has an idea.

Thanks

The only way I could get to the switch was to remove the airfilter box which also gave me a clear view of the gear cable linkages which were all bone dry. Lubed them all up and gear changing is sweet now -----but I still don't know how fast I'm going

·
Registered
192 Posts
it is like a long plug at the back of the gearbox with the switch on it its held in with a 14mm bolt if i remember right bud jiggle it out the hole as they get stuck .

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally got this sorted. It was the gear driven sensor on the gearbox. £65 new but I got one from a breaker for £20 and I'm back in business. I was dreading having to replace the speedo display unit at over £300.
Right ---- what's gonna go wrong next?

·
Registered
192 Posts
great people using the local breakers thats what i like to hear, cheap parts depending on what you need better than giving the robbers the money well done bud .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts