Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, This is my first post on the forums.

I own a Picanto 09 plate 1.0L. Looking to update a few bits if possible, it having the basic trim level.

The instrument cluster with the massive fuel gauge is begging to be swapped out.

Question: Can i do a straight swap with the better version that has a Tachometer on it?
And if so, will it effect the Odometer readout?
or is it stored elsewhere like on the ECU or something?

for reference, this is what i want to swap it with: 2009 KIA PICANTO 1.1 5DR SPEEDOMETER 94011-07030 | eBay

Thanks in advance.

Registered
Hi, This is my first post on the forums.

I own a Picanto 09 plate 1.0L. Looking to update a few bits if possible, it having the basic trim level.

The instrument cluster with the massive fuel gauge is begging to be swapped out.

Question: Can i do a straight swap with the better version that has a Tachometer on it?
And if so, will it effect the Odometer readout?
or is it stored elsewhere like on the ECU or something?

for reference, this is what i want to swap it with: 2009 KIA PICANTO 1.1 5DR SPEEDOMETER 94011-07030 | eBay

Thanks in advance.
Hi there,

I did try this with my old 59 reg Picanto 1 ( which has since blown up 馃様 ), the Speedo worked fine and the fuel gauge worked fine, as for the tachometer there was no reading whatsoever. It would be a bigger job than just one out one in :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

I did try this with my old 59 reg Picanto 1 ( which has since blown up 馃様 ), the Speedo worked fine and the fuel gauge worked fine, as for the tachometer there was no reading whatsoever. It would be a bigger job than just one out one in :)
Thanks for replying.
Aww thats a shame, (also RIP your Picanto).
I wonder if the plugs have a different amount of pins?
This person found some further info
but no update!:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts