Kia Owners Club Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

Registered
So when I initially checked I only did it comfort mode.

After reading your post I gave it a try in sport mode this morning and mine also hangs on to the gears.

Is yours a 68 or 19 plate by any chance?

Mine is a 68 and it also has the new HUD firmware and configurable ambient lighting. My guess is if you have a 68 or newer with these features, then it appears they put the new gearbox firmware in too. 馃憤

Judging by another thread, it's almost guaranteed in a 19 plate.
Mine's a 67 plate. I'll inquire about about a firmware update when the car goes in for a service. No doubt the garage will have no idea about the paddle issue, and won't be able to guarantee that the issue will be sorted. Considering I hear the updates are quite expensive, it's a bit of a gamble!

Registered
Thinking about this more, as my car doesn't have the ambient lights, I expect the most recent firmware won't be compatible as it will add an option to the menus for something I don't have.

What I need is to find out if there are any non ambient light cars with a later version of firmware to mine :) I'll find out what version I have......

Registered
Thinking about this more, as my car doesn't have the ambient lights, I expect the most recent firmware won't be compatible as it will add an option to the menus for something I don't have.

What I need is to find out if there are any non ambient light cars with a later version of firmware to mine /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif I'll find out what version I have......
The gearbox firmware will be completely separate. Irrespective of any entertainment features in the car they'll definitely be able to reflash the gearbox with the latest firmware.

They may not have released it to main dealers yet though. They may only be doing it from the factory for now. It's worth enquiring though. 馃憤

41 - 45 of 45 Posts