Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Stinger GTs. Speed limits are displayed in the console and in the Navigation screen. I never see speed signs in the HUD. I am in the UK. I have been told by another UK owner that they see the limits in the HUD. Is this a feature that needs to be turned on? I cannot see any option to do so in settings or any instruction in the manual.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You should be able to see it. I can adjust mine (Colour/size etc) using the switches on the steering wheel for the onboard computer. By the way, it works great, you can also use it for blind spot display, and turn by turn when using nav :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think possibly you / the person you spoke too may have got confused between Speed Limit which is near the Cruise Control option where the car can't go over that limit. So Speed Limit / Cruise Control both show in the Hub. But the Road Speed Limit feature which reads road signs does not show in the Hub.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think possibly you / the person you spoke too may have got confused between Speed Limit which is near the Cruise Control option where the car can't go over that limit. So Speed Limit / Cruise Control both show in the Hub. But the Road Speed Limit feature which reads road signs does not show in the Hub.
I asked for and was told by the main dealer it could not be setup to display the speed limit in the HUD,
shame as this is an amazing bit of tech and the first car I personally have owned that has a HUD have everything I can displayed and love that the blind spot cars turn RED if you have your indicator on.

Kenny

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had the current road speed limit in my HUD on my Jag, and it's one feature I do miss deeply.

I'm hoping that Kia add this to future models.

·
Registered
145 Posts
So what is the speed limit sign on my HUD that matches every speed limit sign I drive past?

·
Registered
82 Posts
So what is the speed limit sign on my HUD that matches every speed limit sign I drive past?
I don't know but I want it, can you snapshot all your settings and I will see if it is a configurable item. But the dealership contacted KIA and said no.

Kenny

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't know but I want it, can you snapshot all your settings and I will see if it is a configurable item. But the dealership contacted KIA and said no.

Kenny
Here's what I see in the HUD and the 2 steps to setting that display. If I untick the Speed Limit Warning box, the speed limit sign disappears from the HUD and instrument cluster. (Sorry, Peter, I hadn't figured this out the other day over on that other forum. You say that you have the sign on your console and nav screen so presumably this doesn't help as I don't have a different option for the HUD, separate to displaying this on the console - it's all or nothing).

I only got my Stinger in October so there may be a difference in software/firmware/hardware for less recent models. I've added a pic of mine, if that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here's what I see in the HUD and the 2 steps to setting that display. If I untick the Speed Limit Warning box, the speed limit sign disappears from the HUD and instrument cluster. (Sorry, Peter, I hadn't figured this out the other day over on that other forum. You say that you have the sign on your console and nav screen so presumably this doesn't help as I don't have a different option for the HUD, separate to displaying this on the console - it's all or nothing).

I only got my Stinger in October so there may be a difference in software/firmware/hardware for less recent models. I've added a pic of mine, if that helps.
Thanks MaybeKIA

I appreciate the snapshots and will check my software, any difference and I will ask my dealership.

Kindest of regards

Kenny

·
Registered
481 Posts
Interesting thread. I don't have the speed limit in the HUD either, and no option to turn it on (compared the screen shots). I also notice a sat nav arrow arrow in the screen shot. I've not seen that either but perhaps it doesn't come on with Android Auto goodle maps nav?

Is there a way of updating firmware over wifi? My system is asking for an SD card when I select update.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The limit isn't in the HUD on my 07/09/17 build car - it'd be very useful however if it were to be.
Time for a check of the software versions me thinks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just been in touch with my very friendly dealership, and they have advised that NEW software and Firmware and map is available, they are going to do mine FOC so hoping I can get it done Friday Lunchtime a nice Crimbo present from Kia.
Thank to MaybeKIA for the steer

Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year to ALL

Kenny

·
Registered
481 Posts
Great. My car is in the dealers tomorrow getting a new window motor, so I'll ask them if they can do the firmware.

Shame this can't be done over wifi - seems a bit backwards. What's the wifi for then? I saw that the car updated traffic info when I pulled up to the house and it connected to wifi, but other than that?.......

·
Registered
82 Posts
Will be interesting to see what happens my dealership have warned that the upgrade is NOT the same as MaybeKIA's and did request the reg (PM sent) so they can investigate further, this is what Dave From Fine cars said.

"Been looking further into your sat nav issue.

The unit detail (Photo) may be from a unit in anothercountry.

Although the update will bring yours up a notch, it is stillbehind where that one is.

What will be provided is:-

AVN5.0

System version

XX.EUR.SOP.002.9.180125 Stinger & Sorento

XX.EUR.SOP.005.9.180306

Map version EUR.10.41.46.701.002.2(D.D2)

EUR.10.41.46.701.002.2(D.D2/E.D1) PHEV

This is the latest edition that KIA UK can provide."

Interesting so I am guessing another update will be available for the car in a few months and MaybeKIA's is an interim software release installed in the factory. Will let you all know if it gives the speed limit in the HUD.

Happy Christmas everybody.

Kenny

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great. My car is in the dealers tomorrow getting a new window motor, so I'll ask them if they can do the firmware.

Shame this can't be done over wifi - seems a bit backwards. What's the wifi for then? I saw that the car updated traffic info when I pulled up to the house and it connected to wifi, but other than that?.......

It's a shame we cant down load the software ourselves to a mem stick and update via USB saving a trip to the dealership.

With reference to your traffic update, I have an iPHONE X and have set it up as a personal hotspot. So before I get in the car I turn on the hot spot on the phone get in the car and start it wifi hotspot connects and then I plug the USB in to give me apple car play, I also found the hidden checkbok in the setting to give speed camera alerts (only works when online traffic enabled). Only issue is if you turn the car off you need to disconnect the phone and turn off the hotspot repeating the above to establish all the connections. Worth it for the 100yard dingdong warning of a speed camera though. Another reason the speed limit in the HUD would be useful.

Wishing you all a happy Christmas and merry New Year

Kenny

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yes, I've got my phone as a hotspot also. However, as I use Google Maps nav via Android Auto I get the traffic anyway, although no speed cameras. Waze offers cameras though, which is an Android Auto compatible app. I might give that a go!

Had a lot of trouble getting though to the dealer yesterday so didn't get a chance to ask about the firmware in the end. Will have to wait until next time.

Happy Christmas!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes, I've got my phone as a hotspot also. However, as I use Google Maps nav via Android Auto I get the traffic anyway, although no speed cameras. Waze offers cameras though, which is an Android Auto compatible app. I might give that a go!

Had a lot of trouble getting though to the dealer yesterday so didn't get a chance to ask about the firmware in the end. Will have to wait until next time.

Happy Christmas!
Cameras are in the KIA maps as an option you can set on. You can also add cameras that are not appearing on the map and it will upload the location. :smile:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Camera's only appear on Kia maps in my car if the phone has been set up as a mobile hot spot.

And yes, AA doesn't have camera's when using Google mapping. I find personally the Google maps are better at navigation but do miss the speed camera's.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Camera's only appear on Kia maps in my car if the phone has been set up as a mobile hot spot.

And yes, AA doesn't have camera's when using Google mapping. I find personally the Google maps are better at navigation but do miss the speed camera's.
Give Waze a go on Andorid Auto.. It uses the traffic info from google maps, plus user submitted info such as accidents, other random stuff in the road and speed cameras!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts