Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

1st post and it's for a new engine!! Have a 2007 (late) Sportage that needs a new head. Based in Ireland and finding it hard to get a replacement head.

Had a reconditioned head but it turned out to be slightly different. Beside where the exhaust manifold attaches to the head there's another manifold type thing branching off and my head has 3 bolts securing it whereas the one the engineering shop offered only had 2.

Since then I've learned there was an update through 2007 and mine is the newer type.

My jeep is a late 2007 2.0 CRDi 6-speed manual.

My question is what else can I try source for this? At this stage I dont mind if it's a full 2nd hand engine or just a head.

Does any of the simillar platform vehicles interchange? i.e. the KIA Carens engine / Hyundai Tuscon?

Know of any breakers yards with a head or engine in stock? (preferably in Ireland or Northern Ireland but will buy in U.K. if I'm sure it fits)

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok asimplerquestion so

Does anyone know if the Tuscon head will fit the Sportage block?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thats what i thought. Been looking at this a bit more in the past week and they do seem to share an engine. Probably some differences in bolt-on parts but the block and head seem to be the same.

I just still need to find one or the other!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
The Carens (current shape but discontinued engine) had the same engine too I believe in CRDi format.

Edited by: Blow-in

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I've sourced a complete Carens engine with small millage but is a bit ‚¬‚¬ as it's stg pounds and the rate is poor for us at the minute. But at the rate the euro is getting into trouble lately I could be using stg pounds shortly :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts