Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased Soul Tempest 1.6 Diesel, concerned on Low M.P.G. being recorded.

Cannot achieve anywhere near manufacturers figures.
Do you know if these figures are likely to improve, as the Engine achieves increased milage ?

Have you experience similar findings? Any comments appreciated.

·
Registered
111 Posts
hi and welcome !! it appears to me that you are finding as many of us have that the mpg you are getting are well below the official ones , thats a given ,they will be! we(all the mpg fanatics on here) find that with(very) careful diving you "can" get about 48 mpg or therabouts any short trips will drop this to low 40 s and lots of very careful motoring may see the car creep above 50 but these wonderful occasions are far and few between, a few tips are to keep tyre pressures bang on and dont drive round town at 30 in 4th gear it seems happier and isnt labouring as much , if you are going on the motorways keep it at about 60 mph as anything above will kill the mpg ,if yours was like mine it did get marginally better as it got a few miles on the engine but on the whole the economy is weak for the size of engine , car etc this we bekieve is down to it only having 5 gears and having the aerodynamics of a block of flats !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for the swift response, very useful information. One of the main reasons for purchasing the vehicle, was for the official figures 42/61/54 mpg- provided by KIA. My intention now is to challenge KIA to asssit me in achieving somewhere near the figures advertised, and if not successful, will seek redress. Once again many thanks,and if you wish, I will keep you updated on any developments regarding the above
Regards

Freddie

·
Registered
161 Posts
dont think youll have much joy with kia freddie...the figs are the standard govt test,but good luck anyway mines always 2 miles variance on 40 mpg...most short commute into town and school runs.

crdi manualEdited by: zumbie

·
Registered
111 Posts
i still think kia could do a remap for economy if its desired but they seem to be denial about the economy just as they are about the qaulity of the paint!!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
eggobako said:
i still think kia could do a remap for economy if its desired but they seem to be denial about the economy just as they are about the qaulity of the paint!!

I second that!!

If they could map their engines properly they could give more power, better economy and a smoother running engine.

Plus, don't forget the denial about their cars pulling left!!
Edited by: M4trundler

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ay up Freddie ,check out the Soul forum for information concerning the Tempest fuel economy or lack of it,mines around mid 40s with 12000 on the clock.

·
Registered
161 Posts
mine doesnt pull left...reasonable mpg...and paint okay......if your all that unhappy flogg em,like i did my carens auto crdi ls..which done 23 mpg.i replaced it with a soul crdi manual...this time with my eyes wide open,and on the whole..think it good value and enjoyable motor car.and at the end of thats all it is...a workhorse.if you want economey theres better available..paint has been an issue with some,but arnt they dealing with it?and havent heard of the soul being effected by steering issues.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
My Kia is a CRDi Rio, not a Soul, but I have driven other Kia models and they pull left too. I get about 51 mpg, mostly motorway driving at 70 mph, which is not terrible, but not great. I don't hatethe car,or love it. I wouldn't sell it at this stage, it's not worth the hassle and expense. It has good and bad points. I just wish Kia had spent a little bit of time making what is in effect an average car into a great car. It wouldn't really cost them anything, but they'd gain a lot of satisfied customers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well all I can say is that even though as a mobility customer I get the basic model, I am more than happy. Its a 1.6 auto diesel year 11 model but on 60 plate. It came with bluetooth that works fantastic, is great on fuel and handles like a dream with no pulling or steering issues. My only complaint is that the drivers seat is not as comfortable as some other cars of its type. If anyone has a complaint then I advise them to try taking a cheverolrt laceti on a long test drive and you will need to rub your eyes when you see how much fuel it uses lol. The new Soul 2 is a great car with quercky design and bags of character and I would recomend it to anyone. Feel better now I had my say lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
yeah i found that with the seat.i bought a blow up/adjustable lumber support from halfords and that done the trick for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts