Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this for the diesel soul2 'Soul 1.6CRDi 2 5d HB AT MP' could someone decipher what the letters are, I know the Di is diesel injection but what do the others mean? I've lost my enigma machine lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yeah could be paint i guess, hope to place our order for our long awaited car tomorrow going to go for the red auto diesel, it's like waiting for christmas lol

·
Registered
283 Posts
CRDi = Common Rail Direct injection. Diesels used to have an injector pump which delivered a very accurately metered small amount of fuel to an injector which sprayed fuel into the cylinder. The fuel was ignited by the heat from compression and there is no spark plug. In modern engines this is not good enough to meet emmission standards. Fuel is delivered under extremely high pressure (about 1500 bar or over 20,000 psi!) to a common rail which all 4 injectors feed from. The engine management computer determins how long the injector is open depending on demand and because of the high pressure the fuel is virtually a gas when it enters the cylinder.

I would suggest that MP is an error and was probably intended to be MPV or multi purpose vehicle.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info anchorman, far cry from when there was only GT or GLX on the back of a car, sometimes it looks like a scrabble boars been chucked there lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts