Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul sport
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Noticed this on auto trader and was pleasantly surprise to see the sports holding their prices,yes I know you won’t get this price for them but its higher than I would have expected after 3 years as I managed to get mine new for about £20,000

·
Super Moderator
9,472 Posts
As a whole the 2nd hand market is stupid at the moment. Which when you consider there were ten's of thousands of 2/3 year old cars stored in at Rockingham racetrack earlier on this year due to the excess returns due to PCP & Lease deals due to covid.

Asking price is £3 to £4K up in the 6 months I got my Niro for same year, spec & mileage.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
In addition, like the Venga, the Soul is an excellent 'all rounder' car so will always be above the average I suggest.

Paul
Dont know about that so Much Paul because when I did reliability checks on the Soul of all ages it came back with a poor reliability report.. so the Venga is still number 1 for me in the kia range of cars even though its been discontinued which still gets the big thumbs down from me.. (n)

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Posted before the soul came #1 for reliability a test by what car View attachment 11064

I dont trust journalists.. forums are where its at for getting a truthful evaluation of problems a car has.. looks like the latest model though is better than previous offerings. If Jezza Clarkson sold houses would you buy a house of that guy..

·
Registered
189 Posts
@Sad555: did you have issues with Skodas? I had Golfs- never had any issues except high service fees and periodic cambelt change costs. My first Kia, a Ceed, 2 year old car has rattling issues - think the car is not well screwed together. Also, i feel the car has poor noise insulation.

·
Registered
Kia Soul sport
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I’ve had 2 new Kia souls with 2 new Skodas in between with a couple of issues on both skodas , yeti had a sunroof rattle ,warranty job and loss of 4wheel drive also warranty work and got rid of it because of dieselgate and the fix/fail and the fact that all vag cars require a new water pump after 5 years when the new belt is required so got rid after 4 yrs,prior to that subaru,Toyota and 4 Hondas and never an issue,if ever a brand was overated it’s the VAG GROUP ,still go on members forum and still major issues with 1.5 l engines,which as usual vag deny at first then say a fix is coming,same old same old and this soul sport overall is one of the best cars I’ve owned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Noticed this on auto trader and was pleasantly surprise to see the sports holding their prices,yes I know you won’t get this price for them but its higher than I would have expected after 3 years as I managed to get mine new for about £20,000 View attachment 10887
Noticed this on auto trader and was pleasantly surprise to see the sports holding their prices,yes I know you won’t get this price for them but its higher than I would have expected after 3 years as I managed to get mine new for about £20,000 View attachment 10887
I am looking to buy a 2018 soul sport now and the prices are £20,000

·
Registered
Kia Soul sport
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Out of interest went on WBAC a week ago and initial value was £15,750 and had another message yesterday to say it had gone UP in value.some people say a company called Motorway are offering even higher prices.My only issue is I can’t find anything better as the SPORT is such a great car.

·
Super Moderator
9,472 Posts
Out of interest went on WBAC a week ago and initial value was £15,750 and had another message yesterday to say it had gone UP in value.some people say a company called Motorway are offering even higher prices.My only issue is I can’t find anything better as the SPORT is such a great car.
And if you do you will pay the premium, so might not end up any better off..

Only people this is going to work for is if you sell your car & can wait to buy a new one once prices drop again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree, I have a 2018 sport at the moment and it’s the best car I’ve owned. The Petrol/auto suits me prefectly and 0-62 in 7.5 secs can be useful. My car is a wheelchair access vehicle conversion which I don’t need now so I’m changing to a regular soul sport at a cost of £20000.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.