Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.We wrote a question in the newbies forum regarding roof bars for our new soul. I got no replies but unbelievably, we managed to find some(and 0n special offer until Wednesday!). Brilliant service too with free delivery. Thought you may like the website address to nosey at.

www.micksgarage.co.uk

Thanks anyway everyone.Keith & Wend

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi as soon as we get the car I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just ordered them today, but there is a video on their website which is good. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Already seen it thanks, would like to see how it looks on a Soul. The pictures of the individual racks dosent show the panels that hook under the door frames.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought the KIA roofbars from the dealership, main reason to be sure they fit and no quibbles on warranty if they fall off or damage the car. The main dealer was OK and I haggled a 10% discount as I had just bought my car about 2 months ago. About £90 totally. They are easy enough to fit but need a bit of to-and-fro to position them. I have marked the underside of the roof, hidden by the door frame, with a black marker fine liner, so I will be able to re-fit them quickly.
Also, if you want a roof box, I got an excellent price, next day delivery and free ceiling hoist (to put it up on the ceiling in your garage) from the following company.
http://www.roofbox.co.uk/roof-boxes/roof-boxes-family.php

I ordered the KAMEI Husky Black (yipee, it matches my white and black car so well!!)

The price is VERY reasonable (£175), and the roof box is HUGE. I read so many reviews and looked at some in Halfords, but this website also has some interesting reviews from a Germany motoring magazine comparing how some roofbox companies over quote the size (litres) of their boxes which is a bit naughty. Anyway, I was worried the roofbox would be too big for the Soul, even removing my aerial before fitting, but it is just perfect and the aerial can fit back on without fouling.

As a thought, maybe we should ask companies for discount based on owner's club (previous customer) recommendation ?

Anyway, hope that is helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts