Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had a good time at this years meet and met such lovely people, I thought I'd start a thread for next year! All polite suggestions welcome with regard to where & when

·
Registered
283 Posts
If it isn't too far I might pop back and see you all. I promise to keep the RAV off the group pictures!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anchorman, I suppose it would have to be......... unless you're planning to treat us

Or we need to find a nice big conference suite with a good view of the carpark!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
as most of you rich lot bugger off to spain for the winter...... lets have a cruise with a difference!!!.....Malaga anyone????.....lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sorry to rub it in Tempest but we leave the UK on 2nd Jan to drive through France and Spain to spend 3 months on the Costa del Sol! Hope everybody has a safe winter. I hope to come to this years meet. Happy New Year everyone.Nat

·
Registered
183 Posts
I knew you'd bite!!!! lol

If you like I can always post some pics of my Soul in the sun!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
BRIDLINGTON: The resort was the driest place in Britain last month, according to an international weather forecaster.

Meteogroup says only 11mm of rain fell on the town, well down on the 49mm national average.

In March, Bridlington was named the hottest place in the country, even warmer than Ibiza.

I would think that Buxton must have one of the largest rainfalls in UK eh anchorman ?Mind you I would swap Brid for Spain. Happy New Year to all.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We could meet earlier or later in the year as we never seem to have good weather in the summer! I don't mind where we meet as I'll use anything as an excuse for a weekend away

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well it was persisting down when I got up at 6 this morning and its still persisting down now!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would like to be at the next meet as I was'nt a Kia owner when the last one was held.

If its somewhere central I think it will be good for all those that may have to travel long distance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi all you Soulies,
I hope you all had a great Christmas and I wish you a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year.
Have any of you experienced Paint Fade? I have a Vanilla Shaker which has discoloured plastic parts, ie Front and rear bumpers, Rearlight Housings to name a few. The colour of the plastics is a million miles from the steel bodywork.
My Kia dealer says they are prone to this fade, particularly the lighter colours.
I don't feel this to be acceptable especially on a two years old car.
What does everybody think?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Would love to go to a Soul meet and will be keeping an eye out for the Date and Venue. Due to go into Hospital for a Rotator Cuff repair within the next six weeks so will regrettably be recuperating for about 3 months. No driving!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
soulman said:
Hi all you Soulies,
I hope you all had a great Christmas and I wish you a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year.
Have any of you experienced Paint Fade? I have a Vanilla Shaker which has discoloured plastic parts, ie Front and rear bumpers, Rearlight Housings to name a few. The colour of the plastics is a million miles from the steel bodywork.
My Kia dealer says they are prone to this fade, particularly the lighter colours.
I don't feel this to be acceptable especially on a two years old car.
What does everybody think?

Sounds like you are been fobbed off...complain louder. They cannot match exactly the paint on plastic versus metal, but any slight difference shouldnt increase noticably in only 2 years.

Try and get your dealer behind you on this before you take the complaint to Kia HQ.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks Tempest. Wise words as usual and I will complain louder. Look forward to seeing you at a meet sometime. Happy New Year.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts