Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody had problems with finish coming off gear knob , on my second one now and looking really worn, being replaced again under warranty, cant belive im the only one with this problem

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I had forgotten the gear lever replacement !!The numbers on the original gear lever started to wear off and the dealer just replaced under warranty, I had forgotten that as I did not have to ask for it to be done.The new one is OK and has done as many miles as the original one had done.

·
Registered
111 Posts
'twas me !! I found the paint had all rubbed off on the outside edge (nearest the passenger)of the gear knob mine was changed but it's wearing a ring that does it even a simple gold band is enough to wear it down to the white plastic under the paint mine was renewed and rather than have the same problem again I popped a sock over the gear knob!! Stayed like new till I sold it !!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ive unscrewed gear knob and underneath you can access a screw to remove plastic gear gate ,covered it with helicopter tape molded round with a hair dryer nice and tidy ,should stay unmarked now i hope

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I don't wear a ring yet my gearknob lost the paint,the new one is OK after several thousand miles. Just worked out my MPG over 1042 miles ,four fillups total galls 22.1 = 47.34mpg,should be quite accurate overthis mileage with a fill to click on the same pump both at finish and start of calcs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
tempest

The worst thing for me re the human body, is feet! I can't stand them (no pun intended),they make me cringe, although to be honest I've managed to disgust the opposite sex quite well without resorting to my feet. Strange, I dont mind mine though!

clubman

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.