Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody had problems with finish coming off gear knob , on my second one now and looking really worn, being replaced again under warranty, cant belive im the only one with this problem

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I had forgotten the gear lever replacement !!The numbers on the original gear lever started to wear off and the dealer just replaced under warranty, I had forgotten that as I did not have to ask for it to be done.The new one is OK and has done as many miles as the original one had done.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Would you have to have different socks for different driving styles, a sports sock for fast driving and an insulated sock for winter driving.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I have a Soul Echo, same problem as you, after 18 months of driving there is none of the original silver paint colour left on the gear change knob, just plastic showing now. Andrew FB

·
Registered
111 Posts
'twas me !! I found the paint had all rubbed off on the outside edge (nearest the passenger)of the gear knob mine was changed but it's wearing a ring that does it even a simple gold band is enough to wear it down to the white plastic under the paint mine was renewed and rather than have the same problem again I popped a sock over the gear knob!! Stayed like new till I sold it !!

·
Registered
92 Posts
To know if you should change a "sock/s" you should through it against a wall, if it sticks you can where it again, if it brakes change it!
clubman

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
^^^ a man of experience, making women cringe countrywide.......well done<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ive unscrewed gear knob and underneath you can access a screw to remove plastic gear gate ,covered it with helicopter tape molded round with a hair dryer nice and tidy ,should stay unmarked now i hope

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I don't wear a ring yet my gearknob lost the paint,the new one is OK after several thousand miles. Just worked out my MPG over 1042 miles ,four fillups total galls 22.1 = 47.34mpg,should be quite accurate overthis mileage with a fill to click on the same pump both at finish and start of calcs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
tempest

The worst thing for me re the human body, is feet! I can't stand them (no pun intended),they make me cringe, although to be honest I've managed to disgust the opposite sex quite well without resorting to my feet. Strange, I dont mind mine though!

clubman

1 - 18 of 18 Posts