Kia Owners Club Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, i have had mine for a week now and am really enjoying it! Did you find it an issue when using the forward warning sensors? When reversing the sensors sound and the display is clear, but when moving forward to compete parking the sensor does not come on, nor does the display show. It is probably my mis-reading of the manual, but just wondered how you had found it
There are no front sensors

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 First Edition
37 Posts
Hi all, I picked up an 18 month old 2020 First Edition in white/red in August. This is my 4th EV, having had a Leaf 24, Leaf 40 and an MG ZS EV.

This is the nicest EV I’ve owned so far. The range is amazing, the tech is great. I’ve only managed to cover 2500 miles since I bought it 6 weeks ago.

I’m really impressed with it overall. The autopilot works really well, I love the paddles & 1 pedal driving, even if I have to hold in the left paddle. It’s quick, the boot is small, but big enough for us, as children have left home. The HUD is great and the built in sat nav is pretty good, so much so that I use it now all the time. A work day will have anything from 2 to 8 different destinations. If I don’t like the route I just add a tour point or ignore it!

I’ve picked up some roof bars and a frunk. I’m hoping that I will be keeping this for a while as it ticks all the boxes.

It’s great to have that integration between the car and the infotainment system that was lacking in my MG, but that I had in both Leafs. The app is great. It works!

I have my own YouTube channel and occasionally produce videos. I’ve done a couple so far.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Mike - glad you're enjoying the Soul experience. Can I ask what range is indicated when fully charged? Cheers Rich.
I rarely charge to 100%. This morning I was at 201 miles with 75%. Today I drove 81 miles mainly A roads and M1 plus some town work and arrived home with 47%, which equates to around 289 miles.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks Mike. Feels like I'm short changed at 250 at 99%. Only 30 miles maybe but that's still 11% shortfall.
It’s probably down to several variables. You speed may be higher than mine, the temperature, the wind direction, the topography of the terrain. How quickly you accelerate etc. I also play with regen paddles a lot, but keep in Normal mode with climate control on set at 22°C. I use speed limit most of the time, but autopilot on dual carriageways & motorways.

I’m a fairly experienced EV driver, having now driven approaching 90,000 miles in almost 7 years.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.