Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first thoughts on driving away from the dealers was of real peace and quiet and the amount of torque available (note to self watch right foot), after a few minutes of acclimatization I began to enjoy it and appreciate things like the Head Up Display what a useful tool, you are also very concious of the regenerative braking as it is quite noticable and makes you change your driving style to benefit from it. All to soon I was home but those first immpressions have been reinforced every time I get behind the wheel, shopping trips only at the moment because of Covid19 but I can't wait to roam further afield. Stay safe and healthy. CJ

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first thoughts on driving away from the dealers was of real peace and quiet and the amount of torque available (note to self watch right foot), after a few minutes of acclimatization I began to enjoy it and appreciate things like the Head Up Display what a useful tool, you are also very concious of the regenerative braking as it is quite noticable and makes you change your driving style to benefit from it. All to soon I was home but those first immpressions have been reinforced every time I get behind the wheel, shopping trips only at the moment because of Covid19 but I can't wait to roam further afield. Stay safe and healthy. CJ
Hi, i have had mine for a week now and am really enjoying it! Did you find it an issue when using the forward warning sensors? When reversing the sensors sound and the display is clear, but when moving forward to compete parking the sensor does not come on, nor does the display show. It is probably my mis-reading of the manual, but just wondered how you had found it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, i have had mine for a week now and am really enjoying it! Did you find it an issue when using the forward warning sensors? When reversing the sensors sound and the display is clear, but when moving forward to compete parking the sensor does not come on, nor does the display show. It is probably my mis-reading of the manual, but just wondered how you had found it
Hi Coolardie. Haven't received my Soul yet (jokes aside) so cannot comment on the car 'in the metal', but thought they didn't come with any front parking sensors. I've seem some comments on this in various reviews. I may be wrong here - and would be delighted if that were the case, as I'd quite like front sensors on mine!
Never mind, I get the impression it's good value all the same.
Continue having fun with the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Coolgardie2001 It would appear we don't have front parking sensors or mine are silent? not a problem as the front is easy to see and judge. Glad to hear you are enjoying it, me to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a 67 plate 30kwh. I was a convert from my test drive. The build quality just blew me away, and all I have ever owned is BMW (when I was younger) and Mercedes since then. My wife has an Outlander Phev so I was kinda used to regen and how to drive reasonably efficiently, but was astonished to 6.3 miles / kwh on my first drive (26 miles) from previous owners to my house.
I have averaging in the 6.x range since then albeit its only been a week. Love apple carplay, especially Waze and Castbox integration. Also turning on AC didn't make a huge difference to the GOM (it would take 40% off in the Outlander)

I drive into London from just inside the M25 so my journey is well suited to this car, but I don't think I would be worried if I had to further.

So far I have always bettered the GOM. Is this always the case? or unlike GOM in other cars, Soul EV GOM a pessimist??

Also has anyone upgrade the software/firmware/maps? Are there any new features other than upto date Maps? My 67 plate hasn't been updated from new (date of firmware and software is 2016).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got a 67 plate 30kwh. I was a convert from my test drive. The build quality just blew me away, and all I have ever owned is BMW (when I was younger) and Mercedes since then. My wife has an Outlander Phev so I was kinda used to regen and how to drive reasonably efficiently, but was astonished to 6.3 miles / kwh on my first drive (26 miles) from previous owners to my house.
I have averaging in the 6.x range since then albeit its only been a week. Love apple carplay, especially Waze and Castbox integration. Also turning on AC didn't make a huge difference to the GOM (it would take 40% off in the Outlander)

I drive into London from just inside the M25 so my journey is well suited to this car, but I don't think I would be worried if I had to further.

So far I have always bettered the GOM. Is this always the case? or unlike GOM in other cars, Soul EV GOM a pessimist??

Also has anyone upgrade the software/firmware/maps? Are there any new features other than upto date Maps? My 67 plate hasn't been updated from new (date of firmware and software is 2016).

Hi I order my soul ev in march when the 2nd day the car became available in Scotland (according to Arnold Clark) my neptune blue and black roof soul arrived in Scotland in June and have driven over 1400 miles since owning the car.

Overall thoughts its an amazing car that I'll never get rid of. I'm getting around 225 to 250 miles per 100% charge in Scotland right now and the car drives smoothly. The stereo and seats are really comfortable. I love the colour of the blue it's much nicer than other two options on my opinion (but it's also more saught after) the car also has some amazing features I love the HUD and the blind spot assist on motorway is amazing. The heated steering wheel and seats are good way to keep warm without using heater and the touch screen and dash is outstandingly good. The car overall is amazing and a massive upgrade from my previous car suzuki jimny.

Things I dislike:

I hate that if I want to turn my front window fan on to defog my window it turns on the air conditing (which takes off range) if turn ac off it turns front window heater off. The navigation's 'fastest' route is a lie it's usually 5 to 10 minutes slower than Google maps (tested multiple times on various journeys with my partner) and usually picks the route with the most range (isn't great for an EV)

The car is very quiet on low speeds on road and the fake noise is barely there I get very nervous if people are on pavements as the car is near silent.

The lane assit is temperamental and struggles at time reading lanes including on motorway at times and when it is 'on' when testing it sometimes fails to kick in.

There are no parking sensors in the front of the car which is a pain as you can't see over the bonnet.

The car is very expensive £34000 is expensive specially when the Scottish government make it near impossible to qualify for the government ev payment scheme and the home charger grant.

The servicing packages offered by kia are extorniate compared to other ev companies Nissan for a service according to salesmen was around 20 to 50 pounds for kia soul it's over £100.

Kia sales experts in Scotland really need training in evs I found out more about evs from the Internet than the sales or technicians in the kia garages they still don't know prices of services and quote same for a petrol / diesel car.

Also Kia isn't as customer friendly to owners of there evs as Nissan seem to be in Scotland. Nissan are allowing leaf owners to use there fast chargers at the Nissan garages for free where kia won't allow soul or Niro owners to do so.

Anything I'd like to have added? Maybe a paranamic roof or atleast a sun roof the car can get dark inside if not driving and the interior lights aren't very bright.

360 cameras on the car would be amazing. Also front parking sensors.

Also the open the boot button on the key of the car doesn't do anything.

Overall I love the car it's a massive investment for money but I feel worth it exspecially when the UK charging network gets a boot up backside and makes it easier to use chargers and can garuntee they work when get to them

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks for you honesty ,there’s enough reasons there alone why I wouldn’t buy a soul EV,after two years of owning/driving the soul sport im still more than happy with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah honestly the soul ev in sport mode is very fun If you ever go ev in future you'll like soul ev

1 - 8 of 8 Posts