Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently upgraded software to November 12 version. Soul EV 2021

It no longer seems possible to arrange the radio favorites to suit ones choice, is this so?
The speech input no longer prompts for an input just silent, can this be altered.
I cannot see any way to give audible warnings when speeding?

It seem to me like the common "Software u/g" some improvements and a number of backward steps.

Also has Kia produced a quick start guide for the Soul EV, seems a cheek to provide one without a guide.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
It no longer seems possible to arrange the radio favorites to suit ones choice, is this so?
Welcome to the forum, 'cswhitaker'.

That particular detrimental change really annoyed me and the speed limit problem bugs me too. I run an Optima so I'm not familiar with the changes to the infotainment unit in the Soul model but judging by the array of comments from various KIA owners of assorted models, I think the whole exercise has been a shambles!

While I applaud KIA for launching a self-service method of updating the infotainment unit, I'm afraid they have failed miserably to actually improve any aspect of what we had before, other than marginally updated maps. I hope the boffins are busy right now preparing a further update that corrects the flaws introduced through the November update and perhaps improves the visual appearance of the crappy map display.

·
Super Moderator
9,456 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi & Welcome.

All we can suggest is that you log your issues with the update team. The more people that do, the better chance they will sort the issues.

Have tried Customer Support, no useful answer so far just the usual referral to the manual.

Its pity really as the actual car is very good but the lack of useful documentation is a big minus. They have even taken away the manual wallet and the Quick start guide, must have save a £1 or £2

·
Super Moderator
9,456 Posts
Have tried Customer Support, no useful answer so far just the usual referral to the manual.

Its pity really as the actual car is very good but the lack of useful documentation is a big minus. They have even taken away the manual wallet and the Quick start guide, must have save a £1 or £2
Which customer support?

As the one I linked to should not be telling you to refer to manual. They should be logging the issue and giving you a support ticket.

While the handbook is not easy reading it does have a lot of information in there. The infotainment unit has a online version.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 First Edition
37 Posts
I’ve updated my 2020 Soul EV to the new firmware & maps.

The mapping /voice directions are dire. I drove down the M1 and around the M25 towards Heathrow today. When we were on the M25 it told us to take the M40 to Oxford, which is part of the signage, but we were 15 miles from the M40 driving on the M25 at the time. Not once did it tell us to stay on the M25, but to take M40,M4, M3.. very weird. All on the signs ….

I’ll speak to them on Monday.

·
Super Moderator
9,456 Posts
Might have picked up a traffic delay on the M25 and was taking you a faster route.
It's not uncommon when you have a route planned for next action required to be miles away. On our holiday route. One of the next instructions is 25+ miles.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Which customer support?

As the one I linked to should not be telling you to refer to manual. They should be logging the issue and giving you a support ticket.

While the handbook is not easy reading it does have a lot of information in there. The infotainment unit has a online version.

My experiences with Kia customer service have been very poor i’m afraid. They don’t seem to have any service level standards or ticketing system as far as i’ve experiensed and their product knowledge is terrible. I still have outstanding queries and they have now just ignored me and stopped responding completely.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 First Edition
37 Posts
Might have picked up a traffic delay on the M25 and was taking you a faster route.
It's not uncommon when you have a route planned for next action required to be miles away. On our holiday route. One of the next instructions is 25+ miles.
Nope. Totally crap instructions. Not telling me to turn off or anything like that.

i drive along the A43 and prior to the map update it said keep on this road for 9 miles (between roundabouts) now it keeps on telling me to keep rightevery time there is a lay-by with a reservation between the lay-by and the road. Noticed it on the A14 as well. Near home it used to tell me to turn right onto ‘high street’ now it ignores the junction and tells me to keep right (as I’m going straight on along this road) for a slight bend in the road which has a very distinct left turn. not impressed with the mapping at all. It was pretty good before. I’ve even noticed roundabouts where it just tells me to bear left instead of taking the first exit at a very major roundabout.

I’m guessing it’s a ‘feature’ of Here mapping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts