Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No voice prompts after updating software. Which ever option I take in settings, Prompts on or off no prompts, nothing even when saying "HELP" It worked before the update. All I get is "Too much noise try again" or it may sometime function but difficult if you cannot remember the required actual words.

Any suggestions?

Tried Kia, see below.

Thank you for your recent contact with us.
I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with your Voice Prompts
Unfortunately, we are not technically trained to provide you with the correct answer.

Alternatively, I’d recommend contacting your local Kia dealer about the issues you’ve experienced as the dealer has trained Kia Technicians on-site, they’ll be able to investigate your concerns and guide you through the right process.

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
583 Posts
There’s a newer version for your car on update.Kia.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Upgraded, its a very slow download, seems they throttle the speed. 8 Mb for me on a 80MB fibre.
Its potty hiding the update behind a fixed date, especially when Kia Support dont tell you to look.
Early days but a few changes. Map voice seems better?
No real audible help found so far, my 2014 Ceed is easier to use the phone. Still unable to organise favorites to suit myself and cannot find a way to get BBC Radio 4 easily.

Have Kia published a current list of available voice commands?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
583 Posts
Thanks, Upgraded, its a very slow download, seems they throttle the speed. 8 Mb for me on a 80MB fibre.
Its potty hiding the update behind a fixed date, especially when Kia Support dont tell you to look.
Early days but a few changes. Map voice seems better?
No real audible help found so far, my 2014 Ceed is easier to use the phone. Still unable to organise favorites to suit myself and cannot find a way to get BBC Radio 4 easily.

Have Kia published a current list of available voice commands?

Thanks for your help
The voice commands are in the online manual

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any one tell me why voice commands for the radio work when using the microphone on the radio display but hardly at all when using the steering wheel voice button?.

How does one know when a new version of the software has been posted?

Agreed some of the voice command are in the manual, some are out of date and dont work but it was helpful before when "Help" replayed the commands without trying to look at the display.

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Going by #3 and your details.

There is a newer version
+|21Q2|SK3_E.S5W_L.001.001.211214|KM|Soul_EV_MY19_EU|1575|0

14-12-21

One thing I have found with voice commands.
Quick press = Kia
Long (couple of seconds) goes to Google if phone connected by wire.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The new version on update said "The map is the latest version" is this update only for the nav software and map?

What about the radio etc?

Is there a seperate update process for the car functions? Dealer only?

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
No, it is all one update. Just what it updates is anyone's guess. But most likely Bug Fixes in latest version
Only things dealer would update now would be ECU updates etc. Anything else will be exactly the same as the update site.

Like many the 1st update released mess up a lot of things, 2nd one fixed a few, but not all. last one for me in Jan has fixed all for me. On Gen5W. But I only use voice rearly. Mostly to start a call to someone. Odd time to start navigation.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 First Edition
37 Posts
Since Ka switched to Here mapping for the sat nav, the voice instructions are poor at best. They were pretty good before the map change by comparison.

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Since Ka switched to Here mapping for the sat nav, the voice instructions are poor at best. They were pretty good before the map change by comparison.
Except mapping since the self updates have been supplied by Tom Tom.

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 First Edition
37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
If they are talking about the Std & Compact Gen5 head units, then they will have know about these since Nov/Dec last year after the 1st public release.
Sadly that fix has been ongoing since then.
They did update the Gen5W in Dec after the mess of the Nov update & have since released on in Jan. neither of which are mentioned in the announcement section....

But someone on this site should pick up a new release as some do just start a new download to see what the .Ver file gives as date. (can open in either Notepad or Wordpad.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts