Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke to dealer about buying a Soul today, he told me it has been discontinued, new model sometime in mid 2023!
Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looking at various car magazine websites it seems they believe the Soul is being updated with minor external updates in line with the US version and will get the latest battery/motor from the new ENiro. Makes sense to have only one body style and a single battery/motor combo for both Soul & Niro. No idea of launch date though.

·
Super Moderator
3,809 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Interesting news for members who may have had the Soul on their wish list, I note Kia have removed the Soul from their UK web site.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The real question for me is when will the "new" Soul be available? If it is a minor update as defined in AutoExpress then maybe late this year, I can't think they would want to have it off sale for too long.

·
Registered
Soul EV Maxx
340 Posts
They already have it in the states so I would not think it will be that long. From what I've seen it's mainly cosmetic to the front. I would think it will be same upgrade as eniro updates 3 phase charge etc

·
Registered
610 Posts
The real question for me is when will the "new" Soul be available? If it is a minor update as defined in AutoExpress then maybe late this year, I can't think they would want to have it off sale for too long.
Yearsold

I wouldn't hold your breath. USA sales, of all the soul variants, have been falling steadily over the past 6yrs and it's been officially confirmed the EV will not be available over there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Only difference seems to be that the black plastic “SUV” trim has been removed from the USA version. Personally I liked it with the plastic trim for both appearance and the added protection it provides for minor scrapes and dings. Hopefully Kia will recognise that in the UK the plastic trim is a sales advantage, otherwise the Soul loses Its Soul!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will be happy to see the Soul EV return with the drivetrain updated to that in the new Niro and perhaps a brighter internal finish. Externally it doesn't need any major changes at all - l like its somewhat different style probably because it is somewhat similar in shape/size to my current Skoda Yeti. Anyway there is not much we can but wait to see what Kia come up with. One thing you can be certain of is that the price will rise!

·
Registered
Soul EV Maxx
340 Posts
I will be happy to see the Soul EV return with the drivetrain updated to that in the new Niro and perhaps a brighter internal finish. Externally it doesn't need any major changes at all - l like its somewhat different style probably because it is somewhat similar in shape/size to my current Skoda Yeti. Anyway there is not much we can but wait to see what Kia come up with. One thing you can be certain of is that the price will rise!
I am sure that the major change will be with the charging like the Nero, 3phase charge.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts