Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Currently looking at buying a Kia Soul form a local dealership, I love the car but forgot to do something while I was there, could anyone help me out by telling me how high the boot floor is from the floor, I would like to compare the height to my current car's boot floor height as i have to get the dog in and out.

thanks Wampa

·
Registered
283 Posts
The boot on the Tempest is around 29inch,s high, thats with 18inch wheels. Brilliant motors,Iam sure you will love it, get a boot protection strip if you can because the paint on the boot lip does scratch, to late for me im afraid(heh).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much, I shall compare it with my motor. The Soul im looking at has 18" wheels. Is the protective strip available from Kia themselves? I am imagining it is a clear strip?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
you can get the strip in clear, as a stick on vinyl moulding or as a larger plastic cover. All are available thru the internet.

The Tempest has the boot styrene divider - so the boot is quite shallow with a high floor. Other models havent got the divider and have a much lower floor..... but obviously the loading sill is the same height..... so you have a big drop down into the boot, whereas the Tempest boot is level with the sill

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tempest, the model I am looking at is a Soul searcher that has the flat boot, I lifted the boot floor and underneath is a black polystyrene type divider and under that is the spare wheel.So all looks good.
I just wanted to compare the height with my current car to make sure the dog can leap in.

Will check out the protectors online. Thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
if you need to use the car without the high floor and divider, the Soul 1 comes with a boot carpet that sits over the spare tyre. Might be an idea to keep pooch comfy. Also Kia do an excellent but expensive Soul dog guard.... i find the universal ones actually succeed in not fitting any car in existance properly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
With the high floor, when you lower the rear seat, it comes almost flat, giving more space to your dog...

Edited by: FMuscle

·
Registered
283 Posts
And theres a handy little handle on the back of the rear seats for the short lead to hold the little bu--darlings in place.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the helpful comments, a great forum. I have pretty much decided to get the car pending a second test drive at the weekend. Thanks again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just noticed your comment Tempest regarding the carpet under the divider, the car I looked at didnt have this, should it have? Or did the carpet only come on your version of the car (a Tempest I presume).

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
when you get the divider (tempest and above)- you dont get the carpet over the spare tyre. When you dont get the divider (soul 2 and below) you should get the carpet over the spare wheel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well that's that sorted, I went for a second test drive today and have decided to get the car. Cant wait. thanks for everyones assistance

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I did not realise that there were so many people who had got the good taste to buy a Soul !
Welcome to the Soul club Wampa.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts