Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Interesting. I would expect that the date will refer to the year of model type homologation. The Venga type changed a few years before 18, (someone will know the model year, I think it may have been 2014 )

What does an SOS button do? (Who does it call?) The Venga does not even have an impact/inertia fuel cut-out valve, never mind an SOS button. (So get out of the car if you have pranged it, obviously putting on your high viz placing your warning triangles and retiring to a safe place! Then calling the police, who will call the ambo. My Kia instructions tell me to call Kia before my insurance, who also want to be called first! )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting. I would expect that the date will refer to the year of model type homologation. The Venga type changed a few years before 18, (someone will know the model year, I think it may have been 2014 )

What does an SOS button do? (Who does it call?) The Venga does not even have an impact/inertia fuel cut-out valve, never mind an SOS button. (So get out of the car if you have pranged it, obviously putting on your high viz placing your warning triangles and retiring to a safe place! Then calling the police, who will call the ambo. My Kia instructions tell me to call Kia before my insurance, who also want to be called first! )
Thanks for your comments. I know what to do in an emergency, but the SOS button is for when you are trapped and maybe unable to reach your phone, you press this button and it sends the location to emergency services or whoever for help. I have a button-like thing just above my windscreen, but am loathe to press it. I can't remember where I learnt about this, think it was TV, but they said cars from 2018 onwards had to be fitted with this item by law. I shall ask at my next service.

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
4,113 Posts
Thanks for your comments. I know what to do in an emergency, but the SOS button is for when you are trapped and maybe unable to reach your phone, you press this button and it sends the location to emergency services or whoever for help. I have a button-like thing just above my windscreen, but am loathe to press it. I can't remember where I learnt about this, think it was TV, but they said cars from 2018 onwards had to be fitted with this item by law. I shall ask at my next service.
The date referred to is the date of the "type homologation" which, in the case of the Venga I am guessing is way before 2018.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts