Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on Folks give us a push,I am looking at buying a sorrento for Towing our twin-axle caravan its going to replace our Pajero 2.8 LWB of which we've had 9 yrs service out of but i want is something capable and bettter on the derv than the Pajero in these days of ever increasing fuel costs whats your views many thanks pajero.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Mate, I bought a 56 plate XS auto 2 yrs ago and its bloody fantastic. I still have that nice rush when i get in it. If you get one get the Auto with the trip tronic box. Great at towing.
And it no slouch either. Mine is the MK2 version with the uprated turbo. try and get one of those.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not unless we hit the jackpot with the Lottery,thats expensive on the old road tax isn't it ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
My previous sorento is 2004 xs auto... and after owning for 2 years, part ex 2 weeks ago...running cost is too expensive...Too many thing's gone wrong...parts is not cheap, getting only 24-27mpg driving solo. So even though i really like the sorento if the cost is too much then it's time to go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a Sorento '06 XT and absolutley love it. Tows like a dream. Its the bast car I have owned. Okay its a bit high in terms of cost at the moment at the pumps but what isn't.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What are we talking around the town is it like they state 27-28 to the gal for the desiel with manual box for say around a 2003/04

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, my friend have a sorento xs manual is getting more mpg than my xs auto before, but not much around 3-5 per gallon. If you really want to buy a sorento you need to get a warranty , just like what i said parts are not cheap!

·
Registered
23 Posts
For towing a twin axle caravan, and especially if you are going to do any large continental mileage, you should be looking at the likes of a Hyundai, not a Sorento. The Sorento had won the Caravan Club Towcar of the Year award for two years running, but is not a good towcar for towing larger caravans. Although originally bothKIA andHyundaiwere made by the same company, the Hyundai Teracan or the Tucsan havean upper edge when it comes to reliability. Their diesel engineswere said to sound agricultural and some of their finishing lacked a little imagination, but they never let you down.
There have been reports of the2003-2009 manual Sorento suffering from gearbox failure when towing a caravan for long distances. I should know, I was one of the 'statistics': my 2005 Sorento with 38900 miles had a manual gearbox failure in Spain towing a twin axle caravan. Cost: ‚¬5045 (£4300).

And on the subject of buying a warranty for driving abroad and/or towing a caravan? Check the small print first!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts