Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Was wondering if any other sorrento owners have experienced issues with the manualgear box. Tried to start mine the other day with clutch depressed - no problem starting but when clutch released car stalled, also could not engage 3rd. 4th, 5th and reverse gears. Tried a few times with same results.

Car has never towed a caravan or trailer and only done 27,000 miles with no issues or noises that would suggest an imminent failure.

Be interested to hear of any stories in relation to the above also on warranty as my car is still under warranty and up to now am not impressed with the level of service from Kia in Aberdeen, car has been in the garage two days now and still not been looked at !!!!!!!!!.

Best Regards,

Neil.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Neil, check out some older posts, Vikingpaul mention an item on front propshaft lubrication problems.
Maybe worth having yours checked.

Bob

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Neil

I have a bad gear box problem with 2005 Sorrento XS which has an 2004 Triptronic manual Gear fitted. The 5th Gear would not stay in position and would slip out and reverse was also not engaging. It has 110,00 miles on clock and I have had the gear boxed removed . As a result the "tooth" on the 5th gear has broken off and lodged into the "Lay Shaft" and split or sheared the connections to the transmission as I have been informed. So i am told highly unusal and now i need to fix a complete gear box second hand if posssible , but I don't need the transmission as this is all intact.

I believe the layout of the 5th and reverse are very close together with no lift to place into reverse as in some other makes and you can grind the gear as you move out of 5th down to 4th.

So mind the gear box as I am having difficulty to source a reasonable priced spare part.

Regards

Forbesstar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts