Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone just joined and hope someone can help ive got a sorento titan 2009 auto and tow a twin axle c/van when towing in france last month i m going along at 60 mph hitting a bit of hill and feel revs lowering i kick down and nothing happens also try tiptronic but also dont dropto 4th has anyone else had this prob or is this the norm also its a thirsty beast whilst towing and was considering a chip for mpg and bhp has any u guys done this and was it worth it ? cheers dave. ps when non towing box drops down with kick or tip

·
Registered
99 Posts
hi davey i have a carens 2005cdti and have thought of the chip myself ,i havent gone down that route yet mainly because of wondering if the engine is capable and basically strong enough to handle it?but there must be more expert users of the forum who could let us know as in the marketplace there are many units to be bought although some are just resisters in a box and are blxxdy useless

·
Registered
662 Posts
chip on the early sorento works great especialy the auto
as for the non change make sure your transmission oil is at correct level and correct type as if this oil get hot or overheats the gearbox will move in to "get home mode" and wont change with kick down or manual stick movement

oil should be Apolloil ATF kia part no 0450000140a do not use any other oil

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
viking paul thanks for your reply my sorento is 09 mk 2 face lift model would this still b ok also would u know of decent reliable chip to use. thanks also for oil info ill look into that cheers dave.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts