Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first time! So sorry if in incorrect place. I have a 2007 sorento xt diesel auto, 73,000 miles, bad rear differential. Local garage suggests find a second hand unit, but, could be just as bad. Any suggestions on repair or source an appropriate diff unit. Thank you.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Bad in what way?...you could certainly try a second hand diff..your mileage seems low? or someone to do it and price the parts.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
my 57 plate had a dodgy diff so I got the parts from kia and rebuilt it, new crown wheel and pinion, bearings, collapsible spacer, pinion seal, at least you then know what you have got, buying s/h can be tricky, you wont know if it is a good one until you have it fitted, you will get a warranty but it does not cover the cost of removing it so that you can get your money back,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my 57 plate had a dodgy diff so I got the parts from kia and rebuilt it, new crown wheel and pinion, bearings, collapsible spacer, pinion seal, at least you then know what you have got, buying s/h can be tricky, you wont know if it is a good one until you have it fitted, you will get a warranty but it does not cover the cost of removing it so that you can get your money back,
Thank you for the information

1 - 5 of 5 Posts