Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I pickup up a 2006 Sorento XT over the weekend and it has a built in sat nav (VDO Dayton MS4300) but the dealer forgot to get the discs from the previous owner, so I can use it, I have had a look on the web and seems that I can buy the map disks for somewhere between £70-130. But I thought that I would enquire to see if anyone had any spare disks and were looking to sell them.
Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Paul

Regardless of what the previous owner did -You brought the car from the dealer and if it was advertised with Sat Nav then he should supply a set of discs FOC - otherwise its a bit like selling the car with wipers that dont work you would expect him to fix them this. Itis the same principle wrt the sale of goods act

Martin
Edited by: UncleMart

·
Registered
19 Posts
I to have the sorento XT with the sat-nav and all 6 discs. but after 3 weeks I still can't get the thing to work, I even printed the manual from one of the discs some 63 pages, but to no avail.. good luck with it if you get your discs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've recently bought a 2006 with vdo dayton satnav I have a set of 10 discs in folder and 3 seperate disc , I've tried for a few hours to get them to work but just will not. Keep getting insert correct disc I.ve tried every combination with the discs I have to no avail.
I'm begging to think I may have to buy the new 2011/2012 disc set for £150.00.
Anyone got any ideas on this problem

·
Registered
8 Posts
HI Paul.
I too have just purchased the same car - love it !! BUT I do not love the satnav - I find it difficult to use, and indeed am looking to replace it completely.

I am thinking about putting in a double din size satnav unit with Bluetooth built in too . . . . just need the funds to do it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Beware if you download or don't buy genuine disks online for your DVD satnav units the system seem to only like genuine disks and frys the brain of the unit :( my friend bought one on eBay to update and now his unit is no good :( and got to buy another

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I had the same problem with my dealer when I purchased my 2006 Sorento XT. He refused to provide the SatNav discs, however, I fought him until he gave in and provided me with the latest 2010 / 2011 10 disc set. The SatNav now works like a dream and is really easy to use with very clear instructions.

The SatNav did throw up an error message as described earlier in this post - basically you need to visit the website of the disc manufacturer and retrieve a product code (this can be done online), this will then need to be entered into the Dayton MS4300 settings and then the discs should work. I will get more info tomorrow about the discs I have and how to retrieve the codes and also where to enter them.

Unfortunately though, the SatNav will not work without the disc each time you use it. The disc can be removed once the route has calculated, therefore, it is impossible for anyone to install the software and then sell the CD's to someone else.

I will repost tomorrow with more details as promised.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts