Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI EVERYONE,DO I HAVE A PROBLEM AS I AM NOT SURE,WHEN I PUT MY WINDSCREEN WIPERS ON INTERMITTENT AND THE VEHICLE IS STATIONARY THE BLADES STOP IN THE VERTICAL POSITION AND ONLY WIPE WHEN THE VEHICLE IS MOVING AT APPROX 10..15 MPH...ANYONE GOT A RESPONSE..MY SORENTO IS A 57 PLATE XT TITAN WITH 20.000 MILES..AND I LOVE IT THANKS.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just another possibility....perhaps not;

Try cleaning the windscreen with a light rubbing compound and use a blade scraper to lightly remove any micro buildup..you will be surprised what will be removed..

Then clean the windscreen with a good windscreen polish...

Also have you tried different wiper blades...it may be the buildup on the screen and the rubber of the blades...

Taff

·
Registered
235 Posts
We use Farecla paste compound G3 grade, you can buy this in any good motor factors.
You only require the smallest tub, cut a carwash sponge into a third and wet it and squeeze most water out. Then apply a 1 inch blob on the wet area and work it into the screen in overlapping circles using quarter area at a time.....as soon as it dries blade it off then rub it up with a microfibre cloth..

PLEASE NOTE; dont get it on the rubbers as it may mark them. You dont want the paste to be too wet and run all over the place, just a nice workable covering like waxing your car....

Once screen is cleaned off, use a good windscreen cream like Auto Glym Car Glass Polish.

The Compound will not go to waste..you can use it to remove any heavy bug marks/light scratches etc from the paintwork in the same method....if you had a valeting polishing m/c it would make it easier for the body..

Good luck

Taff

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the reply guys ..to get access at the wiper motor do i remove the wiper grill on the bonnet or go under the dash inside the car to remove the motor to replace it..thanks ray....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts