Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a newbie who has just bought a 2007 Sorento diesel 170 automatic here in France. I've just noticed that water is leaking into the boot. I can't see where it is coming from but if I unclip the floor side pieces there is water there which appears to escape thru a hole in the metal both sides. I wondered if there are any common problems known to members. The car has 1 month Kia warranty left. Would this be covered?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should have said "any common water leaking into the boot problems known to members". The two metal strips on either side,to which the plastic storage tray is fixed, both have rust on the end nearest the rear. It makes me suspect that it may be coming through the lights as it is on both sides? Else it is leaking in one place and running across to the other side.

Again, would this be covered by warranty?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Relief! This turned out not to be a water leak, but something someone had spilled in the boot such as washing up liquid, liquid soap or toilet cleaner (a pine green colour). It had almost dried up and had corroded these two thin metal rails, which were only in primer. What ever it was itremained hygroscopic, that is it absorbed water from the air, hence i thought it was a leak. I have now thorougly washed the area and the problem seems to have gone. If I had not been fitting a towbarI would not have looked!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome to the forum Littlejohn
Im glad you got the leak or rather non/leak sorted

1 - 4 of 4 Posts