Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have a 2007 Sorento 2.5XS Auto which I purchased from new from NK DERBY, Don't make the same mistake. Ran for 3 & a bit years without fault. Including towing several different caravans thro Europe without any problem at all. All servicing & work done by NK Derby, paid for Kia extended warranty as well.

Discovered that Kia had failed to contact me regarding 2 recalls in August 2010. They had the car in to NK Derby to compelte the work. they broke something on the diesel seals & turbo programming recalls but fixed this I'm told.

Next time I towed a week later at around 55Mph I got a significant vibration throughout the car when putting the car under load, uphill, accelerating up slip road etc. It felt as though the car was driving over rumble strips at speed, at times it was quite severe.Cutting a long story short, the car has now been back to the NK Derby 6 different occasions including me taking the car with the caravan in tow to help. 4 new tyres that could have waited to prove it wasn't that. They have changed the clutch pack in the transfer box. The problem is now worse than ever & the dealer had given up!!

Been to Kia UK customr services who simply refered me back to the dealer. The dealerhave told me they accept the fault is still there but Kia UK technical have stated "It is a charteristic of the car" so therefore they don't know what to do next!! I was told a Kia UK engineer would come to look at the car, I took the car in yesterday. Engineer didn't turn up, apparentlyKia UK refused to look at the car until the dealer had done something else!!!

TheService Managerhas clearly lied to me about things they have said they have done & now won't even answer my calls or speak to me F2F. tried to discuss with the 'dealer principal' who didn't have the decency to even speak to me whilst I was there.

At a loss to know what to do next? Any idea's would be appreciated. Can't sell it, Can't get it fixed, Can't tow with with any confidence.

I'm an totally disgusted with the service I have received from NK Derby who are simplu blaming Kia UK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You say that this started when they did the injector seal recall and ECM up date ...
First I would try reprograming the ECM with the old ROM ID it had before ,( this should have been recorded when the upgrade was done) if it wasn't it can be retrived from the TSB. This could be a side afect of the upgrade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Thanks for the response.
The dealer has reversed the ECM upgrade, they needed to do this manually I'm told as it couldn't be reversed for some reason. I have now booked it in at another Kia dealership to have a look on Monday. I'll keep my fingers crossed they are more helpful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds the same as our 2007 Sorento XS, we gave up after several dealers and kia decided it was a characteristic of the car, yeh right!!!! Had never done it before. The children refused to travel in it towards the end as it made them feel sick and after several months we gave up and was glad when it had gone. Now got one of the last XT's but are going to trade in for the new model shortly. Hope you get yours sorted let us know if they ever find out what it is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, took the Sorento to Kia Sandicliffe at Nottingham, nice people I have say, very helpful given my rather strange circumstances. The Technician has tested the car & instantly agreed their is a problem. Going in on Friday to have a new propshaft with CV joinrs fitted under the Kia extended warranty. Given the previous history I'll hold off on getting excited about a possible fix until friday.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is very strange, as I have exactly the same problem, only my Sorento is the latest front wheel drive model (2010) KX2. It's fine when not towing, but when towing at times it is just like driving over a continuous rumble strip.

Steve W

1 - 7 of 7 Posts