Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2005 Sorento Automatic, Have changed the transfer box (used one bought on net)still have problem when turning on lock or reversing on lock the transmission seems to knot up

can anybody advise - do you think its still the transfer box vis coupling ?

Paul

·
Registered
32 Posts
Its the wet clutch in the transfer box, get a competent mech to change it, the box you bought second hand on ebay was probably taken out for the same problem

·
Registered
93 Posts
Tyre treads - even wear??
Rotation of wheels to ensure even wear is critical on 4x4's

Having differing tread depths will cause judder in the drive more noticeable on full lock

Just a thought

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello there dont just assume the transfer box is faulty. I have 2007 sorento manual had exactly the same problem was told it was the transfer box warranty refused and charged £3,500 pounds to fit a new one within 50 miles the symptoms returned garage spent 2 weeks looking at car eventually said could find no fault suspected an electrical plug had not been fully connected and was now OK. Yet now wet cold weather has returned so has the problem, and it is well documented that KIA have had alot of problems with the 4 wheel engagement when not supposed to and basically refuse to front up and sort it out.Maybe an indipendant check may help[ I am considering some form of court action but as usual they are a large conglomerate and I am a simple man who has spent alot of money on their product been badly treated and now may have to spend alot more to get some form of recompense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts