Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I've just signed up to this site tonite as I've just bought a used Sorento 2.5 Diesel Auto, registered Feb 2006. Bought it from a Kia Dealership nearby. I bought the car on the strength of it's otherwise good reviews.

The car has 44k on the clock and I like it apart from one thing which I would really like some advice... when ever I slow down to almost a complete stop (at a roundabout for instance), there is a slight muffled "thud" from under the car. Sometimes it does it, sometimes not. Also if stopped at lights and light turns greenand thenI take myfoot off the brake, I hear the same noise before I touch the accelerator. Again it is intermittant.I took the car back tothe dealer and after taking him for a spin, he experienced the noise. Is it possible that when slowing down, the gear box does not gear down quickly enough, which could cause the "thud" whensome sensor or otherrealisesthe carshould be in first gear?

Tonight, they tell me they cannot find the fault. They are going to ask KIA HQ if other autos have had this noise with similar age/mileage, but somehow Igeta feelingthis is a potentially damaging option. They also say that everything under the car is sound, tight and no visible damage. They say I should continue driving and if the noise gets worse, to bring it back.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi has the oil in the front andrear axles and the transfer box been changed? Should be done at20,000 miles.I had a whirring noise when i slowed down just before i stopped changed the oils and it improved it still very slight noise .Also checked front and rear propshafts check tightness of bolts on the flanges also there are grease points on the rear shaft.Mine were slightly loose.
I have read in this site where front propshafts have dropped off and causing lots of damage.

Just a few points worth looking at or getting your dealer to look at probably better than waiting till it gets worse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BigJames - Many thannks for your quick reply. It's appreciated. I will take your advice to the Service Desk at the dealership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts