Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a 2004 2.5 crdi xs auto when starting it hot or cold it turns over approx 10 seconds before it starts .when it does start there is no smoke or lumpyness from the engine it just does not seem right to me taking this much cranking any ideas and help appricated

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Are you keeping foot OFF accelerator pedal whilst cranking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep foot off the acc pedal tried all sorts but still cranks for a long time its not glow plugs these have been checked and it does not smoke when it does smoke

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
What is the air filter like ,i change mine annually regardless of mileage.Also i have cleaned Air flow temperature and flow sensor from time to time.This is located in the air filter outlet.It hastamper-proofscrews but these can be undone by inserting small screwdriver in head one side of tit in middle and gripping it with mole grips to turn.Use quickevaporatingelectrical aerosol spray to spray in flow sensor,and also spray smalltemperaturesensor,this gets a brownish film across it which allows tracking.The first time i done it after suggestion from my son who is a service manager,i could not believe the difference it made.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts