Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I realise this is not exactly a new topic but I would like to get a definitive answer. I have a Sorento, Kx4, 2017. The handbook states the maintenance intervals are 20000 miles or 2 years and details the work required at these time intervals. My mileage is way below 20000 per year so according to my handbook I need a service every 2 years. Information on this forum and indeed other sites mention an "inspection service" which for me would be in year 3, 5 etc. I do these inspection checks regularly myself so is it mandatory for me to have this inspection service done to comply with the 7 year warranty or can I stick to the handbook requirements?

·
Registered
495 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Hi Tarcus

The 2017 Sorento must be serviced every 12 months or 20,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Whilst the intervals listed in the owner's manual are standardised for Europe, service record books are now tailored to the UK and headed up with the appropriate intervals. This aside, we expect sales teams to run through service intervals at every handover.

Carrying out your own inspection wouldn't be sufficient for warranty purposes. The minor service must be carried out by a Kia dealer or a VAT registered garage meeting all the criteria listed in the 'servicing outside Kia' section of the service record book.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit Discover Our Kia Range & Find A Local Dealer | Kia Motors UK
Follow https://twitter.com/KiaUK
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Watch www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Customer Service opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
Sunday: Closed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts