Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Sorento. The 'Side Garnish Reinf' panels are rusting. These are on the rear doors behind the plastic wheel arch trims and each are held on with three pop rivets. I have purchased Kia replacement parts (£50 each for two small metal panels - even the stores chap said he was surprised at the price!). However, going on the shape (which you cannot see when on the car as they are partially covered by the said plastic wheel arch trims) it appears that the plastic arch covers will have to be removed. Does anyone know how these are held on - I suspect they have plastic clips, but I do not want to 'barge' in and do any damage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi murphwiz,
I cannot follow your link - I get an http 403 Forbidden error? ?

further to my post - I should have explained. My car was away for a week when I posted that so could not check out the arches on the car. Now I have it back, I see that there are small bolts around the arch (inside the door) which will release it, but that there are also some insde thedoor panel. This entails removing the inner door panel. I have located plastic screws around the edge of the panel, but they seem to do nothing! - I can turn them (many times) either way and they do not seem to tighten or undo ? ? ?

Any ideas

Many thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi TC

Have been trawling this forum and found your topic about rust on the 'Side Garnish Reinf', we also have this problem on one door. Have been trying to locate a place that sells the piece required to no avail. Could you advise where we maybe able to acquire the necessary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts