Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I have a 55 plate Sorento XS Diesel 5-speed Auto which is due its major 4 year service.
Are there any Kia recalls that should have been carried out on my particular car in its lifetime?
I've read on your forums about Injectors,Injector Bolts, Alternator Bolts and fuel tank problems but i'm not sure if these need inspecting on my next service or if i need to flag these up for any reason.
Many thanks for any help or advice you can give...

The only Recalls i am aware of are as those posted on the 'Honestjohn' website as follows:
<h2 style="color: rgb0, 82, 155; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; margin-top: 1em; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0.2em; margin-left: 0px; ">Recalls</h2>December 2004: Two safety related issues affecting a total of 4,650 Sorentos. 3,500 owners being contacted regarding the possibility of the alternator pulley seizing and causing the alternator drive belt to be displaced. This can resullt in increased steering and braking effort being required. Pulley to be replaced at no cost to the customer. No recorded instances of the alternator pulley seizing on vehicles in the UK. 1,152 Sorento automatic owners being contacted for their automatic transmissions to be replaced because a retaining ring inside the transmission may come loose. Although no instances in UK customers, Kia is taking the action because it would be possible for a vehicle to roll forward whilst in reverse gear. Automatic transmissions being replaced free of charge. If not contacted, call KIA helpline: 0118 945 8545.

1,561 examples of 2006 Facelift Sorento recalled in April 2007 to rectify a wiring problem. The wiring to the Airbag Control Unit has been transposed on right hand drive vehicles built between May 4 2006 and March 28 2007. This would result in the incorrect deployment of the Side Curtain Airbags in the event of a collision. No other airbags in any of the vehicles are affected by this recall and all would operate normally in the event of a collision. There are no reported cases of this occurring in the UK. Owners of the affected vehicles will be notified by Kia as soon as possible and asked to contact their local Kia dealer for remedial work to be carried out free of charge.

·
Registered
662 Posts
YOUR DEALER WILL HAVE A FULL LIST OF APPLICABLE SERVICE ACTIONS AND HE SHOULD CHECK THAT LIST PRIOR TO CARRYING OUT ANY WORK. ASK TO SEE THE VIN ENQUIREY SHEET FOR YOUR CAR THAT WILL ALSO DETAIL ANY PREVIOUS SERVICE ACTIONS OR RECALLS THAT WERE DONE ON THE VEHICLE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts