Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have just ordered the new Sorento PHEV 4, 12 weeks build time so I have a bit of time to wait. We are coming from an Outlander PHEV so the extra goodies and space will come in handy when the kids get too loud!.

Anyone got a PHEV? What are your thoughts on it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorento 4 will be a massive step up from the Outlander! Although i think your dealer is being optimistic with a 12 week delivery slot if you have requested a factory order - think you need to double this time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn, don't let my wife hear you say that! It was a factory order as she wanted the mineral blue colour and not the standard brown.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hah.
I think it's a combination of the unexpected high demand for the new Sorento in the UK and the chip issues. Although like your wife it was either red or blue for us so was happy to wait, plus it makes you appreciate the car more when it finally arrives!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I have just ordered the new Sorento PHEV 4, 12 weeks build time so I have a bit of time to wait. We are coming from an Outlander PHEV so the extra goodies and space will come in handy when the kids get too loud!.

Anyone got a PHEV? What are your thoughts on it?
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago. Original delivery quoted was Jan, now Nov.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
About 2 weeks ago my delivery date was still mid July apparently which would be a 12-14 week build time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah ok. That makes sense. I will confirm next week if the car is coming in on time. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
Sorento 3 HEV midnight black
8 Posts
Ordered mine in black in May and got it on 1st July. My local dealer reckons they are on allowing a 1000 into the UK market!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow. Only 1000 I didn’t realise that. Fingers crossed mine should arrive at the dealer on Friday.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will do.

I am very tempted to get a dash cam fitted. It's such a shame the inbuilt camera can't be used for the same functionality. I noticed Kia has a few as options on their website.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had halfords install front and rear Nextbase dashcams 12 days ago, impeccable installation, hardwired, all beautifully hidden wiring, took about 75 minutes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had halfords install front and rear Nextbase dashcams 12 days ago, impeccable installation, hardwired, all beautifully hidden wiring, took about 75 minutes.
Hi,
was it the Nextbase dashcam (DP948ADU382)? Was this installation on a Sorento PHEV and what was the cost?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I took Nextbase 422GW out of last car (just the dashcam itself) as no sense in buying new one and Halfords installed rear camera, all wiring and suction cups for €100 (£85). Very impressive job, neat and reliable. I was thinking of upgrading to a 4k Nextbase but the resolution drops to 1080p when a rear camera is added so stayed with what I had.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well looks like my car isn't arriving tomorrow as I had been promised. Whats concerning is the dealer can't see that is has been built, despite telling me 3 weeks ago it was still on track. Frustrating, but more inline with other delivery timescales mentioned on this forum.

They have said it might be caused by moving over to MY22.

·
Registered
4 Posts
well looks like my car isn't arriving tomorrow as I had been promised. Whats concerning is the dealer can't see that is has been built, despite telling me 3 weeks ago it was still on track. Frustrating, but more inline with other delivery timescales mentioned on this forum.

They have said it might be caused by moving over to MY22.
Mine actually came a week later than scheduled and the dealer was saying something about price changes if it had arrived in the 2nd half of the year. Is your dealer saying anything similar?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts