Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kia have just released their price for fitting a fixed, single electrics tow bar to the new XK3 Sorento and it is a staggering £741.95 (incl VAT).

Parts total £311.45 (ex VAT) including 13 pin to 7 pin adaptor £11.91 (ex VAT). Labour is 4 hours at £80.00 an hour plus VAT.

Someone (in Kia)is having a laugh aren't they!?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Yes I can here them from Scotland
They must be standing in that dealership with a mask and stripey jumper on. Go to an indy and see what he would charge or to a tow bar dealer.
You know there will be idiots out there that will pay that money to them for a bar.
Edited by: davy

·
Registered
887 Posts
Kia are indeed having a giggle, I quoted a customer, less than you were quoted, but even he managed to find it fitted for less than kia will supply the parts for?!
Not always the dealers fault I'm afraid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had a first quick look at a KX-3 today and was quite impressed but I will need a towbar and this is a bit worrying.

A quick check on Witter site shows a fixed bar is available for 2010 model - nope, want detachable - and neither Brink or Bosal list one for it...yet?? I guess fitments will appear sometime, after all the Sorri is recognised as a towcar, albeit the previous model.

So whose bar was it for £400, Doug?

·
Registered
28 Posts
It was a Witter fixed bar with twin electrics and was done at Redcap Blackburn However after having fitted the bar hehassaid future bars will be £460.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Pete
I am a new member,joined the other day,but will be having a tow bar etc. fitted to my new Sorento KX-2 this Friday.The cost from an independent, who currently fits all tow bars to Santa Fes and Sorentos, for most of the dealers in theLothian areais as follows:
Witter or Tow Trust bar, with 13pin electrics, split charge relay for charging the caravan battery and fridge whilst towing, 13pin to two sockets 12n and 12s extension adaptor cable, Alkotow ball with a cover for the socket and tow ball £325 inc VAT and fitting.

The job is estimated to take 2 hours.

How much did you finally pay?

There should be no problem with reversing sensors as well.

I'm led to beleive the Tow Trust bar is the neatest and you can demount it as well by taking out two bolts when not required for towing for a while.

Regards
John

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John
It cost £344.00 for single electrics. Your price sounds pretty good to me but I'm no expert in these matters. The sensors weren't a problem.

Pete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts