Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a fixed tow bar for my 2018 KX2 but am concerned that it may trigger the rear sensors when not towing. Seems to be plenty of advice saying go detachable but I can't find anything to say fixed is OK for my model. As far as I can see there are just two rear sensors which sit about 11cm each side of the tow ball position. Has anybody struggled with this and gone fixed without any problems?

I'm not sure whether I can expect the Kia dedicated wiring to disable the sensors (and fog light?) when towing and any advice on this would also be appreciated. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
2,207 Posts
I have a detachable on my Sportage, but when it is attached the parking sensors function as they normally would. The tow ball does not interfere with the sensors. The sensors/fog light are not disabled when towing. I imagine it would be the same for your car.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I want a fixed tow bar for my 2018 KX2 but am concerned that it may trigger the rear sensors when not towing. Seems to be plenty of advice saying go detachable but I can't find anything to say fixed is OK for my model. As far as I can see there are just two rear sensors which sit about 11cm each side of the tow ball position. Has anybody struggled with this and gone fixed without any problems?

I'm not sure whether I can expect the Kia dedicated wiring to disable the sensors (and fog light?) when towing and any advice on this would also be appreciated. Thanks
Bit late I know but I have fixed bar and it does not effect the rear Parking sensors

1 - 3 of 3 Posts